Unit Head, Recoveries Job at KCB Bank Tanzania
Job Title Unit Head, Recoveries
Organization Name KCB Bank Tanzania Ltd
To provide special attention and support to distressed banking relationships by ensuring proper co-ordination and control of all watch list and non-performing loans thereby preventing losses, maximizing recoveries and restoring profits through rehabilitation, restructuring and direct recovery. The role will have direct measured responsibility for all Pre NPL and NPLs and staff in the Debt Recovery Unit.
• Initiate and develop rehabilitation, restructuring and recovery strategies towards reduction of non-performing loans (NPL) levels.
• Supervise, guide and manage credit recovery teams.
• Liaison with Legal Department and external advocates to ensure recovery cases progress to completion.
• Provide professional judgment to ensure proper impairment level/provisions is taken consistent with BOT/IFRS regulations/guidelines and bank’s internal policy.
• Develop general framework for collections and recoveries of all bank’s loan products.
• Coordinate and manage all banks appointed external agencies (debt collectors, auctioneers, receiver managers, lawyers etc.) and other third party vendors.
• Supervise and coordinate preparation/submission of management, statutory and regulatory reports required by the bank.
• To provide professional business support to resolve challenges faced by distressed clients.
• Quarterly credit portfolio review and monthly review of loan portfolio quality report and make recommendations for corrective measures.
• Managing the NPLs committee meetings and acting as secretary to the committee.
• Bachelor’s degree from a recognized University. Additionalprofessional qualification will be an added advantage
• 5 years in management of which 3 years must be within the creditfunction.
• Knowledge of credit & non-performing debts policies and otherregulatory requirements e.g. BOT Prudential guidelines
• Knowledge of securities documentation and legal remedies availableto the bank
• Experience in working closely with lawyers
• KCBadvanced credit courses
• Stronginterpersonal skills
• Goodcommunication & negotiation skills
• Timemanagement & organizational skills
• Financial& Analytical skills
• BasicIT skills
How To Apply