Team leader Job at Chemonics | Tanzania | February 2020
Chemonics seeks a team leader for an anticipated multi-year, DFID-funded Shule Bora education programme in Tanzania. Shule Bora seeks to improve quality, inclusivity, and safety of learning for all 11.5 million girls and boys in government pre-primary and primary schools in Tanzania. In addition to providing support to government systems at the national level, Shule Bora will provide additional focused support to an estimated 4.4 million children in 9 regions. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Oversee technical and operational aspects of the programme
- Deliver approaches that improve the quality, inclusivity, and safety of learning for boys and girls.
- Demonstrate understanding of approaches to strengthening pre-service (PRESET), in-service (INSET), school quality assurance (SQA) practices, and incentives for practitioners and schools in support of more effective and equitable teaching and learning
- Oversee technical deliverables and implementation of project activities. The team leader will provide overall leadership and supervision of the senior management team, technical and administrative staff, and sub-awardees
- Maintain a strong working relationship with DFID and key programme stakeholders and ensure appropriate performance management to deliver the programme
- Oversee programme work planning, financial management, risk management, monitoring and evaluation, strategic communications, and creation of evidence
- Bachelor’s degree in education, social science, international development, or a related discipline is required. Advanced degree in education or relevant discipline is preferred
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience managing large (£30m+), complex, donor-funded education projects of similar scale, scope, and complexity in developing countries, including as a team leader or chief of party
- Demonstrated international thought leadership in international education preferred
- In-depth technical knowledge of PRESET, INSET, and SQA practices and incentives for teachers and school management/leadership
- Experience overseeing successful interventions at the teaching, community, and management levels with a strong emphasis on the use of data
- Experience delivering gender- and disability- sensitive pedagogy, and enhancing school safety
- Experience working with central government ministries to implement reforms, build capacity in data analysis, planning, resource allocation and budget disbursement, and/or improve public financial management
- Experience leading large teams
- Experience managing programmes that generate evidence and lessons learned to be used as part of an adaptive management approach to inform programme delivery
- Strong ability to collaborate and build partnerships with host country governments, UK government agencies, donor agencies, and international organisations
- Experience working on DFID-funded project is preferred
- Geographical experience and knowledge of education sector in East Africa and in Tanzania is preferred
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English is required. A working knowledge of Swahili is preferred
Please apply through https://ChemonicsUK.formstack.com/forms/tanzania_shule_bora_team_leader by February 12, 2020. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data. The EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice is available at: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics. Military veterans, AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.