Senior Accountant Job at Mkulazi Holding Company Ltd (MHCL)
Mkulazi Holding Company Ltd (MHCL) is a joint venture company currently owned by National Social Security Fund (NSSF) and Tanzania Prisons Service. The principle activity of the company is to undertake production and importation of sugar. Establishment of the Company is in line with the implementation of the second five year development plan (FYDPII) aiming to ensure that Tanzania becomes industrialized and middle income economy by the year 2025.
The company wishes to invite competent, qualified, experienced and dedicated young Tanzanians to fill in the vacancy positions currently available in the company as follows:
- Names Call For Interview Muhimbili National Hospital
- Watch Live Football Matches Tottenham Hotspur V Chelsea
- New Job at International Rescue Committee (IRC) – Research And Innovation Hub Coordinator
- New Job Opportunity at ABSA Bank Ltd Tanzania – Financial Crime Lead
- New Job Vacancy at VODACOM Tanzania – Supervisor, Fleet & Facilities
He/she will have to ensure that all financial Reporting in the company is done in accordance with General acceptance reporting standards, such as IFRS, IAS and NBAA. Furthermore ensure the general ledger is properly maintained so as to allow proper classification of accounting transactions leading to preparation of fair financial statements.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Must have a minimum qualification of Bachelor Degree in Accounting, finance Commerce or related fields;
- A postgraduate degree is an added advantage;
- Must be registered with NBAA as Certificated Public Accountant CPA (T), or similar qualifications accepted by NBAA;
- Must have at least Five (5) Years proven work experience as Accountant in Corporate or Sugar Industries;
- Demonstrates ability to proactively work independently;
- Demonstrate skills in the production and presentation of consolidated financial statements and in the preparation of payroll, sales, and property tax returns;
- Excellent qualifications in financial and cost accounting and analysis with a history of continuous improvement in cross-functional areas for both increased revenue and decreased expense;
- Must have excellent communication skills – both written and verbal;and
- Demonstrate ability to write periodic reports to the management and Board
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To ensure the chart of accounts and General Ledger are properly maintained;
- To ensure that all journals from various sub-ledgers are appropriately posted in the General Ledger;
- To ensure that revaluation of monetary assets and liabilities denominated in foreign currency is timely carried out;
- To ensure that new suppliers, customers and different accounts are properly created in accounting system;
- To ensure that all accounts are properly analysed and abnormal balances are cleared;
- To ensure financial statements of the company are timely and adequately prepared as per statutory requirements; and international reporting standard (FRS, NBAA, IAS etc)
- To update fixed asset register for all additions of property, plant and equipment in respect of asset description, coding location amounts etc;
- To effect asset transfer disposals/adjustments into accounting system;
- To run depreciation computation for all fixed assets / posted on monthly basis;
- To ensure fixed assets register agrees to respective general ledger balances;
- To prepare schedule for additional assets with all particulars including, location and identification numbers (code numbers) monthly;
- To participate in physical verification of fixed assets and thereof carrying out reconciliation of physically verified fixed assets against fixed assets register annually;
- To carry out impairment and review of useful life of property, plant and equipment;
- Review of Financial Regulations, Accounting Manual and Asset Management Policy;
- To ensure adequately end of year procedures are carried out; and
- To perform any other lawful duties that will be assigned by their supervisors.
- Salary for this post will be at the Scale of MGSS-5/D2 – MINIMUM and Other Fringe Benefits as Per Staff Regulations and Conditions of Service, 2019.
All applicants should have accomplished secondary school education and possess an ordinary certificate or an advanced certificate of secondary education or its equivalent and should not be above 45 years of age.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Candidates meeting the requisite qualifications should submit their written applications and detailed CV to the address below (with the position applied written on the top of the envelope), describing how they see themselves qualifying for the applied position. They should also send copies of academic certificates, three referees, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail address. The closing deadline for all applications is 10 days after the advert.
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER.
MKULAZI HOLDING COMPANY LIMITED,
P.0 BOX 1079,
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.