Regional Agronomist at Tanzania Horticultural Association (TAHA)
Position: REGIONAL AGRONOMIST
LOCATION: ARUSHA, TANZANIA
We are looking for a qualified candidate to fill the position of Regional Agronomist.
Main Duties and Responsibilities.
Under overall supervision of Production Manager and direct supervision of Zonal Production Coordinator, you will be performing the following duties and responsibilities.
- Ensure dissemination of horticultural technologies appropriate for improved yield and quality of horticultural products for increased market access for TAHA beneficiaries in the region.
- Proper planning, establishment of demonstration plots, farmers filed schools, and other learning/exhibition platforms
- Recruit and retain TAHA members (of all categories) and beneficiaries in the region through proper positioning of TAHA’s membership benefits and ensure that members service is up to the members and organization expectations.
- Provide the general oversight and supervision of the Community Based Facilitators (CBFs) relation to the set targets and plans for the region.
- Closely collaborate with Gender & Nutrition Specialist to work with producers, processors, exporters, cooperatives and associations on gender, youth & nutrition awareness in the region
- Closely collaborate with Food Safety & Standard Coordinator to engage with, work with or support formation of viable partnerships, networks and collaborations to effectively promote and create awareness and highlight food safety agenda at regional level
- Identify and coordinate ground partners in different places and ensure TAHA resources are well leveraged with that of other ground partners for bigger/tangible results and impact.
- Promotes knowledge sharing at regional or national meetings and conferences and influences partners and stakeholders on industry related issues
- Identify and collaborate with organizations working in gender and incorporating existing educational materials into TAHA activities
- Ensure timely and proper Planning & Reporting of field activities
- Collaborate closely with Marketing, Programs, MEAL, Operations, Communications departments in developing and execution of activities, monitoring and evaluation mechanisms and reporting structures performed/planned activities
- Represent TAHA and the industry in such events related to production/technology/innovation matters of the industry at regional/national lever
- Any other duty as assigned by the Production Manager, Chief Operations Manager and the Chief Executive.
2. Key Competencies and requirements
- A proven track record and experience in horticulture industry and context of not less than 3 years
- A degree in Horticulture, Agriculture, Agronomy or related field from a recognized institution, with work experience in horticulture-based activities.
- Good understanding and perspective in commercial horticulture is required
- A valid Motor vehicle driving license for Tanzania mainland
- Flexibility to work in any part of Tanzania as required by the organization.
3. Application guidelines
If you are interested and qualified for this vacancy kindly send your letter of intent together with your CV to the following email email@example.com copy to firstname.lastname@example.org with REGIONAL AGRONOMIST as caption in the subject line. Deadline for sending applications is 20th January, 2020.
Due to the anticipated number of applications for this post, ONLY SHORTLISTED candidates will be contacted and if you shall not hear from us one week after the deadline, please consider yourself unsuccessful for this post.