Program Assistant Job Opportunity at Search for Common Ground (SFCG) Mtwara, Tanzania
Program Assistant – Mtwara, Tanzania
Africa – East · Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
The Program Assistant will assist in managing the administrative, logistical and programmatic tasks required in the implementation of the project in Mtwara, Tanzania. The position offers excellent exposure for learning and opportunity for professional growth in program management.
Roles and responsibilities include:
- Assist with project management tasks, including the development and implementation of work plans.
- Assist in ensuring progress on all activities, liaising with key local stakeholders and project partners.
- Assist in ensuring progress on all activities, liaising with key local stakeholders and project partners in and taking the lead on the implementation of certain activities, as per the work plans established with the Program Coordinator.
- Assist with the management of sub-grantees, helping them to keep updated work plans and ensuring a smooth implementation and monitoring of their deliverables, as well as timely and quality reporting.
- Prepare activity reports for the projects and assist in the preparation of quarterly narrative reporting for donors, in compliance with SFCG and donor requirements.
- Support the administrative and logistical arrangements for the implementation of program activities.
- Assist with processing of financial requests and travel expense reports and work orders for short term consultants
- Participate in the development of a strong monitoring system and tools for the project and conduct regular monitoring of project activities to collect accurate and useful data that inform programming.
- Participate in reflection meetings with program and DME staff to analyze monitoring findings and contextual updates and adapt programmatic approaches to maximize project’s results.
- Assist with the management and presentation of information, such as the development of Power Point presentations, handling basic correspondence and conducting web searches.
- Maintains Program specific files and updates them from time to time to ensure current and accurate information is accessible.
- Oversees timely and accurate submission of project specific information in coordination with program and technical officers.
- Maintain BCC materials and all training materials developed for the project both hard and electronic version, and assist with communication and visibility aspects of the program, through written material, photos, the collection of success stories, updated web site, social media and traditional media.
As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
You meet the following qualifications:
- University degree in social work, community development, administration, or related field of study required
- At least 2 years’ experience working for an NGO in an administrative or program capacity
- Ability to communicate effectively, confidently and appropriately within a cross-cultural environment
- Strong documentation skills including report writing and minute taking
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili, both verbal and written is essential
- Must have good analytical skills
- Good organizational skills a must, with a demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize tasks with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to manage data, develop budgets and track finances
- Demonstrated ability in use of Microsoft Office computer packages
This position will remain open until filled.
To apply, interested candidates should send the following items:
- current resume
- cover letter
Only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Please see our website www.sfcg.org for full details of our work.
All Search Employees must adhere to the values: Shared Humanity – Empathy – Impartiality – Inclusivity – Courage – Hope – Humility – Audacity. In accordance with these values, Search enforces compliance with the Code of Conduct and related policies on Anti Workplace Harassment, Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Conflict of Interest and Anti-fraud.