Programme Finance Assistant
Host entity UNCDF
Country United Republic of Tanzania
Duty station Dar es Salaam (TZA)
Language skills English
Start date Immediate
Duration 12 months with possibility of extension
Candidate age: between 18 and 29 throughout the entire duration of their assignment. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
New Volunteering Opportunities UNCDF at The UN Volunteers (UNV) Programme
Description of task
Assist in financial management activities of the office – 25%
- Support the preparation of the various financial reports based on our reporting calendar.
- Ensure that vouchers processed are matched and completed, transactions are correctly recorded and posted in Atlas; travel claims, and other entitlements are duly processed.
- Create and process transactions in the accounting system (ATLAS);
- Timely do reconciliations and do corrective actions on unposted vouchers, including the vouchers with budget check errors, match exceptions, unapproved vouchers. Timely response to HQ requests to resolve financial data issues
- Support in following up key documents and progress reports to ensure disbursements match deliverables and progress according to the agreements.
Support programme and office administration functions (25%):
- Work closely with finance analyst to manage administration activities of the Tanzania country office and LFI.
- Assist in managing day to day office administration activities such as managing cleaners, office administration needs etc.
- Participate in preparation of meetings such as programme board meetings and others
- Assist the finance analyst in meeting various financial compliance functions.
- Assist the financial analyst in her role of ensuring compliance of internal Standard Operating Procedures in Finance in consultation with office management.
Support budget preparation and cost allocation (10%):
- Assist in preparation and modifications of budgets and application of income.
- Assist in preparation and modifications of the common services budget and follow up and ensure timely payments.
- Timely preparation of cost-recovery bills for the services provided by, elaboration and implementation of the income tracking system and follow up on cost recovery;
Support office procurement and other logistics (25%):
- Provides procurement support by following organization procurement rules and guidelines
- Assist finance analyst in periodically procurement plan and monitoring
- Provides support to office maintenance and assets management
- Provides administrative and logistical support by supervising the logistic processes
- Assist in timely replenishment of cash imprest for all staff and including petty cash management, reconciliation and retiring according to UN cash management rules.
- Assist in payments of travel advances and working on travel retirements for Tanzania team by adhering UNCDF travel rules
- Assist in project audit and ensures that all documents are make available to the auditors and follow up on the implementation of audit findings.
- Serve as back-up for team upon request as needed
Other tasks as assigned by the supervisor and the head of office
Required degree level: Bachelor degree or equivalent
Education – Additional Comments:
- University Degree in Finance, Accounting, Banking and Business Administration is required.
- At least 2 years of combined work experience supporting accounting and finance functions in a public, private, or non-governmental organization is required.
- Advanced computer skills including the use of the common Microsoft Office products (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and other general office tools is a plus.
- Program management or project management experience in development organizations is a plus.
English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
Area of expertise: Finance, accounting and audit
Area of expertise details:
- Work experience managing financial data, collection, financial analysis, reconciliation, and problem solving is an advantage.
- Proficient in using both online and offline accounting software packages and related web-based solutions is an advantage.
Driving license: No
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Building Trust, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Creativity, Empowering Others, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Judgement and Decision-making, Knowledge Sharing, Leadership, Managing Performance, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Technological Awareness, Vision, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup.
Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call for to which you would like to apply.
New Volunteering Opportunities UNCDF at The UN Volunteers (UNV) Programme. Application deadline 21 April 2021
Volunteer opportunity PDF