New Jobs At Yetu Microfinance Bank – Head of Internal Audit, March 2021
New Jobs At Yetu Microfinance Bank – Head of Internal Audit, March 2021. Yetu Microfinance Bank PLC is a fast-growing Strategic bank for lower end market of the financial sector. The bank listed with Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange (DSE) through Enterprise Growth Market (EGM). The bank operates three branches and 16 Financial Service Centres located in six regions (Dar es Salaam, Coast, Lindi, Mtwara, Morogoro and Tanga) and the Island of Zanzibar.
Yetu Microfinance Bank PLC is seeking to employ a dynamic and committed Tanzanian who has passion for financial inclusion and economic transformation to fill in the vacant position of Head of Internal Audit.
Head of Audit
The head of Internal Audit functionary report to the Board Audit Committee Specific areas of responsibilities
- Provide technical guidance and direction in the Risk -based Annual Audit process and prepare draft audit plans for discussion, review, and approval by the Board.
- Advice bank’s management on the formulation of risk management strategies and policies for all operations of the bank with the view of ensuring that management policies adequately mitigate the risk identified.
- Provide reports of audit findings trends to bank’s management and Board Audit Committee.
- Coordinate, monitor, facilitate compliance with existing banking laws and regulations together implementing a system to track the implementation of both Internal and external audit recommendation.
- Ensure effective engagement with the bank’s Board Audit Committee on the performance of the audit function.
People Management and capacity building
- Participate in the recruitment of Audit staff and ensure effective performance management of the department
- Provide capacity building to management of the bank and Audit team regarding the role of Internal Audit in Risk Management and in the bank’s Risk based integrated audit approach from time to time.
- Guide and supervise the Audit team in executing risk based integrated audits
Quality Assurance & other duties
- Perform quality reviews of audit assignments and provide guidance to the auditors regarding: National and international internal audit standards to be observed and maintained.
- Support management during preparation of external audit
- Ensure compliance to established risk management framework inclusive of policies, procedures and controls.
- Ensure compliance with BOT regulations, guidelines, notices and any other statutory requirements.
The Ideal Candidate Must have
- University graduate in Accounting
- Full Accounting qualifications CPA.
- Have auditing experience of over five years preferably in Microfinance Institutions, Banks and other financial institution
- Good comprehension of Microfinance business and its related internal control systems is desirable
- Master’s Degree in related field will be an added advantage
Mode of Application
Interested and qualified applicants should submit application letters with support documents in PDF to; email@example.com or physical deliver application to our head office: Kiungani Street, Mkunazini Building-Second Floor, Dar Es Salaam. All letters should be addressed to the Managing Director.