New Job Vacancy at World Vision International – Senior Communications Public Engagement Officer
SENIOR COMMUNICATIONS AND PUBLIC ENGAGEMENT OFFICER
Location: Dar es salaam
The Senior Communications Public Engagement Officer supports the management communication and public engagement function in keeping the World Vision employees and the public at every level informed on positive developments in the organization and support the process of explaining and building understanding of the mission and vision of World Vision Tanzania. He/she is responsible for managing, developing products and tools facilitating channels of communication that promote information sharing and learning. The incumbent is also responsible for maintaining, updating and promoting the World Vision Tanzania website to internal and external audiences, especially donors. He/she will also develop and disseminate key communications resources for marketing, public awareness and management of emergencies. The incumbent will also observe the mission and core values of World Vision and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
KNOWLEDGE/QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE
Required Professional Experience
A person with three years working experience in the field of communications and public engagement. With strong knowledge of media industry in the country. He/she must be critical and possess writing and editing skills. The candidate must know how take photos and videos for documentation. He/she must be innovative and knows design applications. Understanding of INGO is added value.
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification
- Bachelor Degree in Journalism, Mass Communications or Public Relation
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
- English language fluency (written and verbal)
- Excellent writing skills, with photographic and video skills also preferred
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with all levels of staff and public
- Demonstrated experience in using website programs
- High level of confidence and confidentiality
- Graphic Design skills for materials to be shared online platforms.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Deadline: 24th February, 2021