New Job Vacancy at Tanzanian Training Centre for International Health (TTCIH) – Executive Director
The Tanzanian Training Centre for International Health (TTCIH) is a Health Training Institution established in 2006 under a public-private partnership agreement between the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MoHCDGEC), Novartis Foundation (NF), now, Global Health Development Unit, Novartis and the Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute (Swiss TPH). TTCIH aims at supporting the Tanzanian Government’s effort to strengthen human resource for health development.
The TTCIH’s Board of Governors is now looking for a motivated, qualified and highly experienced candidate to fill the position below. S/he will be based in Ifakara, Kilombero District, Tanzania.
Position: Executive Director
The Executive Director is responsible to the Board of Governors. S/he has to ensure successful leadership and management of TTCIH according to the strategic direction set by the Board of Governors. S/he is the overseer of all TTCIH activities and ensures that all business goals and objectives are achieved. S/he is the official spokesperson of TTCIH matters pertaining day-to-day operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing executive leadership to the institution through the development and implementation of strategic and operational plans;
- Promoting the growth of TTCIH into a premier training institution, through expansion of course offered, increases in enrolments;
- Developing a strong portfolio of health projects additional to, and complementing the teaching activities;
- Overseeing the implementation of strategies, systems and processes designed to ensure sound human resources and financial management and the promotion of good order throughout the institution (including a fair allocation of resources to the various cost centres within TTCIH);
- Directing development of policies, plans and programmes of TTCIH, based on a strategic overview of TTCIH and its environment to enable realization of its mission and vision;
- Representing TTCIH internally and externally in order to promote awareness and understanding of TTCIH’s vision, mission, objectives, policies and programmes;
- Exercising any other powers and duties as may be conferred upon him/her from time to time by the Board of Governors.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Must have attained at least a Master degree in a health-related field, and preferably a PhD or an equivalent advanced degree in the field of health;
- Must have extensive knowledge and working experience in medical education system of not less than 10 years, of which 6 years must be at a senior management level;
- A person possessing outstanding managerial and administrative competences;
- A person with excellent record of scholarly, teaching, research, consultancy, publications and service to the public;
- Ability to stimulate and encourage new ideas and developments through motivation and support for staff and students;
- Ability to influence, persuade and build coalitions and networks.
Duration and conditions of the position
The term for the position is initially for a three years contract, renewable subject to performance. Earliest possible entry is April 2021.
An attractive employment package will be offered to a suitably qualified candidate.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified individuals are invited to send their application letters with copies of relevant professional certificates, a detailed CV, and names and contacts of two reputable referees not later than 20 February 2021 to:
Human Resources Manager,
Tanzanian Training Centre for International Health,
P.O.BOX 39, Ifakara
The deadline for submitting the application is 20 February, 2021.