New Job Vacancy at Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) – Tanzania, Programme Manager
RE- Advertisement – Programme Manager – Tanzania Kibondo
Kibondo, Tanzania, United Republic of
Job Identification 443
Job Category Management
Job Schedule Full time
The IPM is responsible to develop the area strategy, to lead on area project development, to supervise the implementation to ensure programme quality. The IPM will be responsible to ensure the application of the Project Cycle Management (PCM) framework, as well as ensuring quality reporting to donors.
The IPM will have a representational role in terms of developing close and collaborative relationships with all key stakeholders for successfully project deliverable as well as representing NRC in coordination forums
- Line management for CC focal point (Shelter, WASH, Education and ICLA) as well as the Grants and M&E focal points.
- Contribute to the development of Integrated Programming Strategy for Tanzania.
- Lead on the development of holistic and needs based programmes.
- Implement technical direction and ensure high technical quality of projects
- Compliance to donor standards, grant management, PCM, and reporting to donors.
- Responsible for overseeing grants management
- Coordinate new Emergency Responses, with an integrated approach where relevant.
- Promote the rights of refugees in line with the advocacy strategy.
- Ensure capacity development of project staff and transfer key skills (especially about PCM).
- Ensure the development and review of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and supporting documents and monitor their use in project implementation (PCM related).
- Lead on the Integrated Programming Strategy to be develop in 2021.
- Lead Area Office-specific situation and response analysis, in collaboration with the Head of Programmes and AM.
- Develop contextualized integrated (multi-sector) response portfolios.
- Responsible for facilitating evidence-based learning and decision-making by utilising quantitative and qualitative data generated through M&E processes, beneficiary consultation, and the Complaints and Feedback Mechanism (CFM).
- Responsible for overseeing and strengthening the Community Engagement, as well as consultation and referrals, as well as other accountability mechanisms.
- Support cross-cutting interventions including protection, gender, environment/energy.
- Contribute to Country-level programme initiatives (Strategy workshops, CC workshops, etc.). This includes contributing to NRC’s global Ambitions and Initiatives.
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders for effective project implementation.
- Represent NRC in key coordination forums, as delegated by the AM.
- Acting Area Manager, when requested by Area Manager.
Generic professional competencies:
- Minimum 4 years of experience from a management position in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Experience with managing integrated projects across different sectors, core competency expertise (WASH, Shelter, Education, ICLA)
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Knowledge of the humanitarian and development context related to refugees in Tanzania highly desirable.
- Experience with integrated programming
These are personal qualities that influence how successful people are in their job. NRC’s Competency Framework states 12 behavioural competencies and the following are essential for this position:
- Strategic thinking
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Managing performance and development
- Empowering and building trust
- Initiating action and change
- Excellent communication and team building skills
What we offer
Duty station: Kibondo
Duration: 12 months, renewal subject to funding
Salary and Benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
Posting Date 01/05/2021, 4:57 PM
Apply Before 01/19/2021, 4:57 PM