New Job Vacancy at Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) – Tanzania, Education Officer
About the Team
NORCAP solves key challenges in the humanitarian, development and peacebuilding sectors, in order to better protect vulnerable people’s lives and rights. We build partnerships and projects with national and international organisations and stakeholders. Skilled NORCAP experts contribute to developing partners’ capacity – to identify and address challenges, improve collaboration and encourage new and innovative approaches. NORCAP is part of the Norwegian Refugee Council.
Kibondo, Tanzania, United Republic of and 1 more
Job Identification 615
Job Category Education
Degree Level Bachelor’s Degree
Job Schedule Full time
The Education Officer is responsible for coordination and implementation of the Education projects.
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Ensure that education department has up to date, accurate data and analyse such data appropriately to the needs of the department
- Promote and share ideas for improvement
- Implement delegated education project portfolio according to plan of action (according strategy, proposals, budgets, plans and donor requirements)
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by supervisor
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist.
- Coordinate with relevant partners within the Education sector and represent NRC at camp relevant meetings.
- Supervise the Education Assistants ensure they prepare and follow weekly and monthly work plans.
- Implement delegated Education project portfolio according to plan of action (according to strategy, proposals, budgets, plans and donor requirements)
- Involve and inform communities and community leaders about the activities
- Support the implementation of NRC’s Education programme policy through working with programme management.
- Prepare and submit weekly and monthly, quarterly and annual operational plans and reports of education activities
- Develop plans for improved education activities on the basis of previous evaluations
- Use the collected data effectively to continuously monitor and evaluate the performance of all educational activities
- Ensure that procurement and distribution of sanitary kits, hygiene and play materials and equipment for the pupils are timely and according to procedures
- Takes lead in conducting teacher training and continuous gap teacher training identification and analysis.
- To undertake any additional duties determined by the Education Coordinator, Education Manager or Area Manager.
- Degree in Education or higher diploma with experience of working in Education sector.
- Proven practical experience in the planning and execution of education projects for at least 3 years mostly in humanitarian assistance.
- Ability to initiate, develop, plan and implement an integrated programme.
- Excellent communication (spoken and written) skills, including the ability to explain and present technical information.
- Experience from working as an Education Officer/ equivalent with more field coordination roles in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Be able to use a wide variety of software, including Word, Excel and Power Point
- Participate in appropriate professional development of project portfolio
- At all times in and outside work adherence to NRC code of conduct
- Participate actively in supervisory and appraisal process
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
- Sensitivity to the needs and priorities of disadvantaged populations (minority groups, PSN etc)
- Demonstrated experience of integrating gender and diversity issues into Education Programming.
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Handling insecure environment
- Work with courtesy, sensitivity, tact and flexibility
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
for more information use this link
Position: Education Officer
Duty station: Mtendeli
Apply Before 02/07/2021, 2:30 AM
Duration & Type of Contract: 12 months with possibility of extension subject to funding availability.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Employment with NRC may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions, Countries, Areas or Offices that may be host to considerable health, safety and security risks. NRC takes this very seriously and we have procedures in place to reduce known risks, but will never be able to take away all risks.