New Job Vacancy at Airswift Tanzania – Terminal Project Lead
TERMINAL PROJECT LEAD
Job reference 1117764
Job location Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Job type Contract
Our client, a leading oil & gas company, is currently recruiting a Terminal Project Lead for a 12 months renewable contract based in Paris and moving to Tanzania.
The successful candidate who will be responsible for finalizing the preparatory activities to place the EPC contracts for the storage TANKS & export JETTY packages and subsequently for coordinating all design and construction activities for those facilities. It includes responsibility to support the Terminal Facilities Manager over:
• Preparation and Finalization of EPC contracts – including final offers review, negotiations with bidders and confirm recommendation to award
• Management of those two EPC contracts – 150 to 200MUSD total value; 700 workers at peak of mobilization. It covers four (4) large size thermally insulated floating roof tanks of 500,000 bbls storage capacity each and a 2km long truss frame Jetty and Crude Oil Load-Out Facilities (LOF) located at the end of the Jetty
• Follow-up of construction activities fully compliant with company, IFC and countries H3SE standards, business ethics, all within a zero-accident safety culture approach and having in mind the specific E&S requirements/context of the Project, Delivery of the TANKS and JETTY facilities within approved project schedule, approved budget, and integrating Local Content requirements.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Degree: MSc (or equivalent formal qualification) in a recognized Engineering discipline,
• Minimum of 15 years’ experience with at least 10 years in Oil & Gas Industry, with successfully held coordination/management positions in similar large scale onshore and nearshore projects,
• Ability to adapt and to represent the company in discussions, negotiations and meetings with contractors, partners and regulatory authorities,
• Ability to effectively lead and manage a team (even with only functional links); sound organisation skills, ability to work in a multi-cultural business environment; good interpersonal and communication skills; good motivational skills,
• English as mother tongue or Fluent in English (speaking and with excellent writing skill