NAFASI ZA KAZI UBALOZI WA SWEDEN TANZANIA
Embassy of Sweden
Deadline of this Job:
21st August 2019
Within Tanzania , Tanzania , East Africa
JOB DETAILS: The Embassy of Sweden in Dar es Salaam represents the Swedish Government in Tanzania through Political Dialogue, Development Cooperation and Promotion of Trade. The Embassy is also covering Burundi and the East African Community. Swedish development cooperation with Tanzania aims to contribute to creating conditions for sustainable growth and increasing opportunities for people living in poverty. The successful candidate will be an important part of a team of 4 people. In total the Embassy employs 40 staff members.
POLITICAL AFFAIRS, PROMOTION & COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER
We would like to invite applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position of Political Affairs, Promotion and Communication Officer. The role is subject to a 6-month probation period, after which it can become a continuing position with the Embassy. The job holder will report to the Head of Section for Political and Commercial Affairs. Duties and responsibilities: The role involves advising and supporting the Embassy’s Political and Commercial Section with analysis of political and economic developments in Tanzania and the East African Community (EAC), as well as organising events to promote and strengthen awareness of Swedish interests in Tanzania. Furthermore, the role includes actively contributing to the Embassy’s external communication in English and Kiswahili..
Specifically, the officer will be responsible for;
• Following, analysing and reporting on political and economic developments.
• Maintaining an excellent network among political, media and civil society actors as well as the private sector.
• Planning and execution of external activities (i.e, seminars, conferences, receptions etc.).
• Assisting with information and contacts to support strengthened trade relations between Sweden and Tanzania,
• Following social media trends and proactively provide input to the Embassy’s communication work
• Together with the Embassy Communication Officer, manage the Embassy’s communication in Kiswahili,
• Supporting other functions at the Embassy as required.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• Master’s degree in political science, economics, journalism or relevant field.
• Excellent command of written and spoken English,
• Minimum 5 years relevant professional work experience
• Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
• Proven ability to write qualified texts used for reporting and/or external communication
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job application procedure
High level of professional integrity: If you are interested in this exciting and career opportunity, e-mail us your CV (maximum 5 pages) and one page application letter explaining your suitability for the role. Please, do not include your certificates. Write “Pol Advisor in your e-mail subject line. The deadline is 21” August 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We regret the vacancy is not ideal for fresh graduates. Executive Search and Selection Division Prospect Africa Limited e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org