Tanzania National Roads Agency (TANROADS) is vested with the responsibility of maintenance and development of Trunk and Regional Roads Networks in Tanzania Mainland. Apart from this, it is also responsible in conducting Axle Load Control Operations using weighbridges.
As a measure to strengthen capacity of discharging TANROADS’ functions effectively, the Regional Manager, TANROADS Kilimanjaro Region seeks to recruit qualified and competent Tanzanian Citizens to fill the vacancies at its Himo Weighbridge Stations and Regional Office.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and competent Tanzanians to fill the various vacancies in the region on Contract terms (Renewable subject to satisfactory performance)
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE:
Appointment will be on Contract Terms up to two years, renewable subject to satisfactory performance.
POSITION TITLE: DRIVERS (4 VACANCIES)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The holder of this post who reports to the assigned supervisor will be responsible for carrying out activities as described in the Road Traffic (maximum Weigh of Vehicles) Regulations, 2001 which include the following;
- Drive motor vehicles in urban and remote areas;
- Maintain the vehicle logbook and all accident records pertaining to the assigned vehicle;
- Keep repairs or maintenance needs of the vehicle to the supervisor timely;
- Report repairs or maintenance needs of the vehicle to the supervisor timely;
- Observe good customer care, dignity and integrity;
- Performing such other related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Holder of a Certificate of Secondary Education Exam (CSEE)
- Holder of valid driving license Class E;
- Having driving experience of at least five years;
- Must be fluent in both written and spoken Kiswahili and English language;
- Should have undergone training and attained Trade Test Grade III (mechanics) or Advanced Drivers Course for VIP (Grade I or II) from National Institute of Transport (NIT/VETA).
- Not above 35 years of age.
A competitive remuneration and benefits package will be offered to the successful candidates for the above positions.
Only short listed candidates will be called for interview,
Possession of National ID is highly important.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Only candidates who are willing to join the Agency immediately/after being notified are invited to send their own handwritten application letter.
All interested candidates are required to apply to undersigned not later than Monday 5 AUGUST, 2019 attaching to their applications, CVs, copies of certificates, birth certificates, the names of three referees with their daytime telephone numbers and the candidate’s own daytime telephone contact. Applications which will be received after the deadline shall NOT be considered. Hand delivery is not permitted.
Application letters should be addressed to:
The Regional Manager,
Tanzania National Roads Agency (TANROADS),
Old Moshi Road,
P.O. BOX 3051, MOSHI. KILIMANJARO.
Tel:+255 27 2755195, +255 27 2750391 | Fax;+255 27 2750108