New Job Opportunity at International Rescue Committee (IRC) – Supply Chain Assistant
Supply Chain Assistant
Kibondo, Tanzania, United Republic of
Requisition ID: req11617
Job Title: Supply Chain Assistant
Sector: Supply Chain
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Kibondo, Tanzania
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is an International Non-Governmental Organization working in 40 countries, responding to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives.
With funding from donor governments, institutions, companies and individual supporters we strive to support people meet their basic rights with dignity and to be protected. In Tanzania, the IRC supports refugees and Tanzanian people in- and – out of camps with education and protection services.
If you are Tanzanian, with excellent strategic vision, professional skills, an understanding and leadership experience in humanitarian, INGO or development work with a cutting edge outlook, willingness to take action to have a positive impact for the clients we serve, then please consider applying for this position:
- To Implement and direct IRC standard Vehicle policies and procedures by using tools V1 to V29, with particular attention to safety and security issues.
- To assists on filling for each vehicle and filling for each driver where all copies of relevant documents will be kept as per IRC Fleet management manual.
- To assists in Manage and be accountable for the vehicle fleet, ordering and inventory management of all vehicle related tools and consumables, including fuel.
- To assist supply chain manger on Evaluate, manage, and monitor drivers.
- Supervision of IRC garage/contracted garages and general management of vehicle spare parts being replaced.
- To assist and be Initiator (Operator) for all purchases in Transport department. Raising PRs for vehicles fuel, spare parts and vehicle repairs and vehicle rentals.
- To Manage the vehicle pool by weekly movement planning; ensure every Thursday’s vehicle requests are received from all program and non-program staff for the following week.
- To Ensure coordination of vehicles movement between field sites of Kigoma and Kibondo that are passing through Kasulu.
- Ensure the correct and timely routine maintenance and repair of IRC vehicles and generators.
- Ensure that all vehicles carry the required on-board documentation and that all documents are kept current (including insurance).
- Inspect and record condition of vehicles, by maintaining weekly checklists file and ensuring that Vehicles logbooks are accurately filled
- Assist supply chain manager on Carry out regular training to all drivers on basic vehicle mechanic skills, daily vehicle inspection, drills on safety driving, defensive driving, use of Codon, etc.
- Ensure all vehicles are properly cleaned on daily basis.
- Prepare weekly and monthly report on transport department and discuss with Supply Chain Manager
- Signing on vehicle fuel forms for refueling and keeping accurate record and monitoring system on fuel consumption.
- Work with the Supply Chain Manager to ensure that vehicles are prepared for routine and emergency security requirements.
- Ensure that all vehicles are secure when not in use.
- Be familiar with transportations local regulations / laws.
- Solicit quotes from suppliers in, prepare bids and work with Procurement Officers and procurement Committee in on vendor selection. Ensure that purchases comply with IRC Global procurement policies and procedures.
- Prepared bid analysis and submit to supply chain manager for review and signatures.
- Conduct procurement through established, ad-hoc, authorized and contracted suppliers for IRC within Kibondo/ Kasulu districts and Kigoma region.
- With assistance of Procurement Supervisor, provide technical advice for Programs on raising PRs, track all PRs and PO’s. Submit PR tracking report any time as required.
- To assist supply chain manager on entering all Procurement data in IRC data system- the BvA system
- In collaboration with Supply chain manager, liaise with the country office logistics team on follow up of outstanding POs and PRs raised for Kibondo office.
- In collaboration with Supply chain Manger Conduct regular market surveys, update the price list on quarterly basis, share with programs for procurement preparations.
- Assist Programs on preparing small medium contracts during the absence of the Supply Chain Manager where applicable. Participate in preparing major construction, service, and goods contracts.
C. Warehouse and Assets Management:
- Understand, implement and / or maintain standard IRC inventory management policies and procedures (SOPs).
- Responsible for management and security of the IRC Kibondo general store.
- Responsible for technical and collaboration with stores Focal staff in Mtendeli and Nduta Camps.
- Ensures that all items are stored appropriately, maintain the stores in accordance to the standard and in good order.
- Informs the on supplies which are near to expire as per IRC store guidelines.
- Provides Weekly and Quarterly store report (inventory) and submit to Snr Supply Chain Officer.
- Train warehouse staff as required on all store’s procedures.
- Manage and document the receipt, handling, storage, release and reporting of goods through the IRC warehouse(s).
- Advise the Snr Supply Chain Officer of potential inventory shortages for the replacement
- Follow up with Snr Supply Chain Officer on donation in kind materials which are being delivered directly to the Camp with donors and provide report of the same on monthly basis.
- Ensure the maintenance of warehouse building(s), fittings and equipment in Kibondo, Nduta and Mtendeli.
- Implement and ensure clear loading / unloading procedures, correct block stacking and turnover (FIFO) and LIFO methods procedures.
- Advise the Snr Supply Chain Officer of warehouse-specific issues or improvements.
- Maintain the Warehouse activity book recording all outgoing and incoming receipts and activities. (i.e. Warehouse Register)
- Update as per IRC requirements, the Asset register, Asset inventory list and expendable store inventory list and produce weekly and monthly reports.
- Ensure that Loan form of assets are filed and signed under custody of IRC and have proper, readable, and easily identifiable stickers.
- Ensure inventory counts are happening in accordance with schedule outlines in the inventory management SOP, that is regular count, cycle count, grant end count and year end count
- Provide on-time, IRC standard monthly reports (V24 and V25) to the Senior Supply Chain Manager, including fuel consumption report, combined fuel from UNHCR and non-UNHCR sources, maintenance report and any other reports requested by Supervisor using standard IRC tools.
- Provide on-time, UNHCR standard monthly reports to the Senior Supply Chain Manager, including fuel consumption report for UNHCR only, maintenance report and any other reports for UNHCR vehicles and equipment as requested by Supervisor.
- Well maintained fleet and good filing system for all vehicles, Generators and Bajaj.
- Good asset management interim of records, transfer and locations tagging and disposal process management.
- Generate and / or maintain comprehensive price list for spare parts using tool V26 and V27
- Maintain full and accurate inventory records for vehicles, and vehicle tools.
- Undertake (documented) monthly and ad-hoc physical vehicle inventory checks.
- Conduct documented quarterly job performance reviews of Transport staff, providing appropriate feedback.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Materials Management or Business-related skills.
- Two years working experience as Warehouse Officer in any warehouse operation, One year working experience in NGO systems as Warehouse Officer and Computer literacy in warehouse data base, one year experience at any of supply chain functions (Fleet or Procurement).
- Strong ERP roll out and management skills.
- Proven experience in managing pharmacy store IS AN ADDED ADVANTAGE
Qualified women and people with disability are encouraged to apply.
Please submit your application through our recruitment portal before 25th December, 2020.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY!