New Job Opportunity at IMA World Health Tanzania – Project Officer
Job tittle; Project Officer
Organization profile: IMA World Health (IMA) is a member of Corus International, a consortium of organizations working together to deliver holistic, durable solutions to the interconnected challenges of poverty, poor health outcomes, and climate change. Established in 1960, IMA has a long history of successfully collaborating with governments, faith-based organizations, national partners, and the private sector to provide quality healthcare for the most vulnerable. Today, IMA builds the capacities of local partners and governments to strengthen existing health systems, prevent and treat diseases, improve maternal and child health, promote nutrition and WASH, respond to sexual and gender-based violence, and contribute to global health security. In Tanzania, IMA has long working relationship with the Ministry of Health Community Development Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC) to control and eliminate neglected tropical diseases (NTDs) through morbidity management and mass drug administration campaigns in the endemic regions of Mainland Tanzania. IMA and the MOHCDGEC are jointly implementing ‘SAFE’ program to eliminate blinding trachoma in Pwani, Simiyu, Kagera and Rukwa Region through trachomatous trichiasis (TT) surgery under funding support from the Conrad N. Hilton funds (CNHF).
Whom are we looking for? We are looking for a creative and organized Project Officer to join our team, taking the lead on TT outreach activities to achieve the national elimination threshold level. With high expectations by the organization, the candidate must be self-sufficient with good analytical and problem-solving skills. The working station will be Dar-es-Salaam- IMA Country Office, with frequent travel to Pwani, Simiyu, Kagera, Rukwa Regions and or elsewhere in the mainland Tanzania to support government efforts to eliminate TT by the year 2023.
- Under directions of the Program Manager take part and contribute to project planning, implementations, monitoring, evaluation and or any other assigned duties.
- Closely liaise with government officials, the SAFE-coordinating partner, and other relevant partners for smooth running of project activities in the area.
- Supporting IMA & Neglected Tropical Disease Control Program (NTDCP) to adhere to MOHCDGEC and WHO guidelines for managing TT patients.
- Taking lead on community mobilization/sensitization to ensure thorough case finding and TT case management.
- Be cost-conscious in organizing and implementing project activities and make it possible for the organization to operate within or below the budget line.
- Assist in capacity building of local partners in the implementing districts.
- Assist with report writing and timely submission of the report to Program Manager.
- Assist government health officials from the area to identify and embed relevant activities of interest to the project onto their routine eye care health service delivery system.
- Monitor data collection and compilations to ensure high quality data for the project.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the working days.
Competence and Requirements.
- Self-motivated and creative in planning and implementing project activities.
- Demonstrates solid technical knowledge in the field of NTDs including its control and management.
- Experience working with Regional and District Health Management Team (HMTs’) on relevant community-based interventions.
- Ability to provide clear and concise reports to Project Manager and NTDCP as whole.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to identify anomalous result/data and discover reasons driving the change.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills both verbal and written.
- Be proficient with MS office especially Excel and Word.
- Good Networking Skills.
Qualification and Experience.
- Tanzanian nationality with familiarity of Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTDs).
- Holder of medical or paramedical degree; public health specialist will be an asset.
- At least five years of related working experience in a reputable organization.
- Familiarity with NTDs’ morbidity case management is key.
- Field experience is mandatory.
MODE OF APPLICATION
To apply please send your cover letter and CV to email@example.com by
20th February 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organization.