New Job Opportunity at Hivos Tanzania – Linking, Learning and Amplifier Officer
Linking, Learning and Amplifier Officer
Region: East Africa
Office: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Number of hours: 40 Hours a week
Reports to: Project Manager, Voice
Hivos is an international organisation that seeks new solutions to persistent global issues. With smart projects in the right places, we oppose discrimination, inequality, abuse of power and the unsustainable use of our planet’s resources. Counterbalance alone, however, is not enough. Our primary focus is achieving structural change. This is why we cooperate with innovative businesses, citizens and their organisations. We share a dream with them of sustainable economies and inclusive societies.
What is Voice?
An initiative from the Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Voice is a Euro 50 million grant facility (2016-2021) that targets the most marginalised and discriminated groups in ten countries in Africa and Asia. It aims to strengthen the lobby and advocacy capacity of Civil Society Organisations and representatives of the target groups based on the principle of Nothing about us without us. Since the most marginalised and discriminated groups are often hard to reach via regular programming, Voice promotes the use of innovative ideas and strategies, in order to empower these groups and to have their voices heard and respected.
For more information on Voice please visit www.voice.global
The expected result for the position is:
- Linking and Learning between and among grantees and other programmes within Hivos and/or Oxfam.
- Well-coordinated and high quality linking and learning facilitation by the Linking and Learning facilitation grantee.
- Inclusive and participatory practices.
The position is Tanzania based. The Linking, Learning and Amplifier (LLA) Officer, will report to the Project Manager, Voice.
Roles and responsibilities
- Coordinate the Linking and Learning and Amplification component within the Voice programme in Tanzania
- Support the Voice Programme Officer in Tanzania in the assessment and analyses of capacity development needs of grantees (baseline and ongoing);
- Facilitate selecting, contracting and post-contract grant management of linking and learning and capacity development providers;
- Support the Voice Programme Officer in Tanzania in the assessment and analysis of the Innovate and Learn grant applications, with particular focus on the learning questions and the nature of the innovation;
- Managing the Linking and Learning component effectively by;
- Coordinating implementation of Linking & Learning and innovative interventions with the Linking and Learning facilitator (e.g. organising learning events, facilitate constitution of Communities of Practice, support realisation of innovation labs) at country level;
- Furthering the development of a common national approach of linking and learning together with the Linking and Learning facilitator and key stakeholders and align the Monitoring & Evaluation framework;
- Facilitating documentation and communication of lessons learnt and good practices of capacity development support and influencing;
- Facilitating mapping of knowledge gaps and documentation of learning agenda’s among the rightsholders group(s) and grantees;
- Supporting the analyses, validation and aggregation of learning;
- Leading the reassessment of the Voice country context analysis
- Promoting and overseeing the use of Linking and Learning infrastructure for full documentation of the linking and learning processes and sharing lessons learnt;
- Participating and contributing actively to the Voice Linking and Learning Community of Practice;
- Managing the amplification/ communication component effectively by;
- Identifying and proposing opportunities to amplify the voices of grantees (like (inter)national commemoration days, existing campaigns, use of networks);
- Promoting and supporting the elaboration of audio-visual materials, blogs, vlogs, and other products;
- Sharing the communication products including Lessons learnt, stories, blogs, research findings) at different and relevant fora / media;
- Managing and advising on the use of Voice branding and communications;
Knowledge, experiences and competencies
- Experience in designing and facilitating linking and learning activities.
- Knowledge of and being able to apply participatory linking and learning methodologies and inclusive facilitation.
- Knowledge of and affinity with social inclusion, marginalisation, influencing, and capacity development.
- Background in education, social sciences or other relevant sector.
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English and Swahili.
- Well acquainted with social media.
- Organisational facilitation and coordinating skills.
- Ability to perform complex tasks and to prioritise.
- The ability to work effectively with a wide range of people in a multicultural environment. Comfortable working with all Voice rightsholders groups.
- Ability to document, share and profile lessons learnt and learning processes.
- We particularly welcome applications from women and/or persons that belongs to one of the rights holder groups. We offer a contract based on Hivos East Africa local labor conditions, with a remuneration commensurate with the experience and expertise requested.
- How to apply
- Kindly visit http://hivos.jb.skillsmapafrica.com/ resume and motivation letters (upload under supporting documents) should be received by the **04th of January, 2021. Applications without accompanying motivation letters will not be accepted.