New Job Opportunity at Dangote Group Tanzania – Head of Marketing
Careers at Dangote Group
The Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified manufacturing conglomerates.
The Group continues to grow its vision of becoming the leading provider of essential needs in Food and Shelter in Sub-Saharan Africa with sustained market leadership in Cement Manufacturing, Sugar Milling, Sugar Refining, Packaging Material Production and Salt Refining.
Upcoming projects include a $12 billion investment in an Oil Refinery, Fertilizer Plant and Petrochemical Complex.
Head of Marketing (Cement Industry)
Position: Head of Marketing (Cement Industry)
DCP – Sales & Marketing Mtwara, Mtwara Region, Tanzania, United Republic of Full time TanzaniaSales001
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrate ownership of and communicate the strategic direction and objectives of the Sales and Marketing department to all staff within the department.
- Oversee the articulation of the organisation’s sales and marketing strategies and ensure alignment with DCP’s corporate strategy, goals and objectives.
- Champion the design and deployment of an effective customer acquisition, retention and relationship management strategy/framework to sustain and expand the organisation’s clientele.
- Institutionalise a customer service-oriented culture in the sales workforce and champion capacity building efforts for all categories of staff within the department.
- Provide overall guidance and direction in the execution of the department’s functions and activities.
- Approve and coordinate the execution of the department’s work programs and plans.
- Ensure the deployment of effective market penetration and market share acquisition framework.
- Ensure the development and establishment of effective channel strategies to promote sales.
- Oversee the collation of market and industry business intelligence to support effective decision making.
- Monitor and ensure the provision of the highest quality services to the company’s customers and oversee the design and deployment of an effective customer relationship management framework.
- Stay abreast of market trends, customer needs and competitor initiatives and devise strategies to optimally utilise market opportunities.
- Attend workshops, trade shows and seminars to keep up to date with changes in the industry.
- Oversee the preparation of the department’s annual budget and monitor its implementation.
- Review the department’s performance against set targets on a periodic basis and define action plans for improvement.
- Manage the human and material resources of the department to optimise performance and enhance output.
- Assign detailed responsibilities to subordinates and supervise them to ensure timely delivery of high-quality results
- Ensure periodic meetings to communicate departmental goals/targets and agree work plans
- Motivate, guide and ensure knowledge transfer and capacity building of subordinates
- Review and authorize key expenditures/transactions of the Department in line with approved departmental budget and manual of authority
- Prepare and agree career development plans (in conjunction with HR Department) and conduct periodic performance
- appraisals for departmental staff.
- Prepare and submit periodic activity/management reports to the CEO, DCP Tanzania, on the activities of the department.
- Act on behalf of; and perform any other duties that may be assigned by the CEO, DCP Tanzania
- Coordinate, direct and supervise the day-to-day activities of the department and ensure alignment with the overall goals and objectives of the company.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive sales and marketing plan to acquire significant clientele from identified customer segments.
Education and Work Experience
- Post-graduate degree in a relevant discipline.
- Minimum of thirteen (18) years relevant work experience
Skills and Behaviors
- In-depth understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations and legislations relating to the cement manufacturing industry.
- In-depth knowledge of DCP’s product and service offerings.
- Very good understanding of approaches/ methodology for business strategy articulation, monitoring and implementation; sales/marketing planning, marketing models and business performance analysis.
- Very good knowledge of local and global industry dynamics including regulation, legislation and operating environment.
- Very good understanding of micro and macroeconomic indicators and their impact on business.
- Ability to think strategically and holistically and to appreciate the systematic impact of various policies, issues and solutions.
- Excellent leadership and people management skills.
- Excellent negotiation and relationship management skills.
- Excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills.
- High sense of responsibility and accountability.
- High ethical standards.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training and Development
MODE OF APPLICATION:
CLICK HERE TO APPLY!