New Job Opportunity at ABSA Bank Limited Tanzania – Post write off Recoveries Officer
We are a diversified standalone African financial services group, delivering an integrated set of products and services across personal and business banking, corporate and investment banking, wealth, investment management and insurance.
Absa Group Limited is listed on the JSE and is one of Africa’s largest diversified financial services groups with a presence in 12 countries across the continent and around 41 000 employees. Absa Group Limited is listed on the JSE and is one of Africa’s largest diversified financial services groups with a presence in 12 countries across the continent and around 41 000 employees.
We own majority stakes in banks in Botswana, Ghana, Kenya, Mauritius, Mozambique, the Seychelles, South Africa, Tanzania (ABSA Bank in Tanzania and National Bank of Commerce), Uganda and Zambia. We also have representative offices in Namibia and Nigeria, as well as insurance operations in Botswana, Kenya, Mozambique, South Africa, Tanzania and Zambia.
Post write off Recoveries Officer
Position: Post write off Recoveries Officer
Location: Peugeot House – ABT
Bring your possibility to life! Define your career with us
With over 100 years of rich history and strongly positioned as a local bank with regional and international expertise, a career with our family offers the opportunity to be part of this exciting growth journey, to reset our future and shape our destiny as a proudly African group.
- General contract worker job – only to be used for non-payroll positions at a junior level.
- Negotiate payment arrangements on the accounts to maximise recovery on delinquent accounts.
- Monitor payment arrangements between the client and the bank to ensure clients adhere to payment arrangements to avoid legal action taken against the client.
- Maintain effective and professional working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Pro-actively manage legal risks associated with the legal recovery portfolio of clients to maximise possible recoveries.
- Optimise recovery cash flows by implementing effective and timely action.
- Assertive engagements with service providers by conducting regular telecommunication and prompt response to emails.
- Ensure that invoices received from attorneys and DCA’s are correct and submitted to finance department for payment.
- Close off all the settled accounts timely to avoid reputational risks.
- Completed and update reports in order to provide management with accurate stats for reporting purposes.
- Provide suggestions for ways of improving customer services and meeting targets.
- Understand and adhere to legislative and compliance requirements to ensure the correct processes and policies are maintained.
- Operate within given mandates to ensure governance is adhered to.
- Operate with Absa policies and procedures.
- Ability to work with Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- To ensure that daily stats are completed and reported accurately.
- To understand and adhere to legislative and compliance requirements.
- To operate within the signed Delegated Mandates to safeguard the bank against risk on non-compliance.
- Work closely with the other team members to build strong working relationships and maintain a positive team spirit.
- Appreciate and respect all team members, colleagues and Managers.
- Display Absa value in all our dealings and maintain a high level of professionalism.
- Communicate openly and honestly with team members and share knowledge and best practices on an on-going basis.
- To deliver a high level of service to customers, attorneys and other internal and external stakeholders as guided by the principles of Conduct Risk.
- To diligently resolve queries and complaints arising from customers, DCA’s, attorneys and other stakeholders.
- Complete required compliance and SOX attestations as per the allocated timelines.
- Report all risk and loss events as a result of fraud or error. Report this to the risk manager and/or relevant parties to mitigate possible losses which may be incurred.
- Adhere to all Company policies and procedures.
- Adhere to the internal code of conduct at all times and report any irregularities to the relevant party.
- Adhere to internal systems access control policies at all times and report any irregularities to the relevant party
- Bachelor’s Degree: Business, Commerce and Management Studies