New job of NMB Board Membership at NMB Bank PLC January, 2021
Expression of Interest for NMB Board Membership Ref 32294
NMB Bank PLC (NMB) is the leading full service commercial bank in Tanzania.
It provides banking services to a customer base reflective of Tanzania as a whole, and this includes Government and state- owned institutions, large corporates and institutions, micro, small and medium enterprises (MSME), civil servants and salaried employees, farmers and cooperatives, and reaches out to traders and the unbanked.
NMB is currently looking for one (1) dynamic Independent non-Executive Board member with expertise to effectively support the growth ambitions of the Bank.
The Board members are responsible for providing strategic guidance and effective oversight to management and promoting ethical and responsible decision making within the Bank. The day-to-day management of the business and affairs of the bank are delegated by the Board to the Chief Executive Officer and other executive officers.
The responsibilities of a Board Member include but are not limited to the following functions:
- Determining and reviewing the business strategy, organizational structure and allocation of resources;
- Governing the bank by establishing and monitoring policies and objectives and establishing proper delegation of authorities;
- Selection, appointment, supporting, assessing and remunerating Executive Management (EM);
- To monitor EM for their execution of policy, strategy and operations through setting clear goals;
- Determining proper financial management practices and approving the annual budget;
- Determining that adequate risk management practices are implemented;
- Monitoring compliance with the law, statutes and internal and external regulations;
- Understanding and taking into account the interests of shareholders and relevant stakeholders.
The new Board member will be expected to add value and expertise to help drive the continued growth of the Bank. In this regard, the Bank is looking for an individual with the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or other relevant area of study and/or professional accounting qualification;
- Technically proficient and respected in chosen area of expertise;
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ work experience at director/senior management level, preferably in financial services with at least five (5) of those in the banking industry;
- Current knowledge of the local and/or international banking sectors;
- Previous Board membership experience;
- Good track record of integrity and ethical conduct, committed to advancing the best interests of NMB; vi. Possess other skills and competencies in areas that are relevant to NMB’s activities;
- Not involved in any kind of activity or relationship that could constitute a material conflict of interest to the role of an independent director of the Bank.
NMB is an equal opportunity employer and is aiming for gender parity at all levels in the organization. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Duration of Appointment
- The tenure of appointment is three years renewable, subject to performance.
- The Board of Directors usually meet four times a year. There are also meetings of Board Committees. Therefore, the successful candidate will be expected to have adequate time for this assignment.
How To Apply
- Email your CV and application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the Reference Number 32294 in the subject line.
- To view the full job description go to www.radarrecruitment.co.tz and enter the Job Reference Number in the search field.
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 10th February 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.