New Job Of Mechanical Engineer at GAS Entec. Company Limited
PROJECT TITLE: CONSTRUCTION OF 1200 PASSENGER FERRY SHIP
DESIGNATION: MECHANICAL ENGINEER (1 POST)
PLACE OF WORK: MWANZA
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, or computer-generated reports.
- Research, design, evaluate, install, operate, or maintain mechanical products, equipment, systems or processes to meet requirements.
- Confer with engineers or other personnel to implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, or provide technical information.
- Develop, coordinate, or monitor all aspects of production, including selection of manufacturing methods, fabrication, or operation of product designs.
- Investigate equipment failures or difficulties to diagnose faulty operation and recommend remedial actions.
- Develop or test models of alternate designs or processing methods to assess feasibility, sustainability, operating condition effects, potential new applications, or necessity of modification.
- Specify system components or direct modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design, performance specifications, or environmental regulations.
- Recommend design modifications to eliminate machine or system malfunctions.
- Assist drafters in developing the structural design of products, using drafting tools or computer-assisted drafting equipment or software.
- Oversee installation, operation, maintenance, or repair to ensure that machines or equipment are installed and functioning according to specifications.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Holders of Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent qualifications from recognized Institutions
- The applicant should have at least engineer’s registration board certificate
- At least 1 to 3 years of relevant experience.
- Experience in the usage of computer and office software packages (Ms word, Exel, etc.)
- Fluent in English and Swahili is required.
- Female candidate are highly encouraged to apply for this post.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Excellent interpersonal communication at all levels (verbal and written).
- Operations Analysis
- Design Drawing skills
- Presentation technical Information
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work well within the team.
- A high level of professionalism which is required on the job at all times.
- Computer Literacy
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should apply in confidence enclosing:
- Detailed Curriculum vitae (CVS)
- Certified copies of academics and professionals certificates and transcript
Only successful candidates will be contacted for further procedures,.
Interested applicants should submit their applications to the following Mail address
Human Resource & Administration
GAS ENTEC Company Limited,
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
DEADLINE 31st January, 2021.