New Job at Savings Banks Foundation for International Cooperation (SBFIC), Local Junior Consultant with Admin Focus-Tanzania
Position: Local Junior Consultant with Admin Focus-Tanzania
For a period of 6 months of professional internship, Junior Consultants support the long-term experts and the local staff as well as the project partners of Savings Banks Foundation for international Cooperation (Sparkassenstiftung für internationale Kooperation).
Our Eastern African project components are the following:
• Professionalization and strengthening of microfinance institutions and their umbrella organizations in Burundi, Rwanda, Uganda, Kenya, and Tanzania. Amongst others, this includes advisory services for project management, strategy and business planning, customer care, human resources management, IT, financial education, and savings mobilization.
• In Tanzania, we work together with our partner organizations TAMFI (Tanzania Association of Microfinance Institutions), TCDC (Tanzania Cooperative Development Commission), SCCULT (Savings and Credit Cooperative Union League of Tanzania), AKIBA COMMERCIAL BANK PLC (ACB), and SELF Microfinance.
In this regard, Savings Banks Foundation for international Cooperation (SBFIC) Tanzania is looking for a local Junior Consultant with Admin Focus for its office in Mwanza/ Tanzania.
Tasks and responsibilities
• Support in preparation of documents for bank transactions
• Assist in preparation of registration of employees to social security and submission of social security and tax payments slips to authorities
• Assist in procurement of office supplies, stationeries and other
• Support in inventory and stock management
• Assist in maintaining proper record of accounting documents
• Assist in submitting obligatory reports to authorities such as NGO board or labor office
• Assist in scanning of documents for accountancy
• Prepare business trips for staff members and organize accommodation upcountry and flight bookings
• Support the team members in admin tasks during trainings (preparation of attendance lists, booking of catering etc.)
• University degree (at least Bachelor) in accounting, business management, public administration or finance, or: completed vocational training (e.g., certified administrative professional) combined with studies in a relevant field of education.
• Working experience is a plus.
• Understanding of financial and accounting principles
• Proficiency in MS Office, particularly MS Excel and MS Word
• Good analytical and conceptual skills combined with the ability to work self-responsible
• High level of efficiency and accuracy and strong attention to detail
• Ability to handle sensitive or confidential information with discretion, honesty and integrity
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and intercultural skills
• Fluency in spoken and written Swahili and English
What we offer
• Working on interesting and diversified tasks with a high level of self-responsibility
• Practical experience with a wide variety of administration and accounting tasks offering learning opportunities and further capacity development
• Insights into a well-structured organization in the area of international development cooperation
• Working in a dedicated and supportive international team
• Fixed monthly allowance
Together with our permanent team, you will be based in Mwanza (Tanzania). Field activities in Dar es Salaam, Dodoma or rural areas are possible.
How to apply
Please submit your CV, a cover letter, and relevant certificates (incl. transcripts of records) clearly demonstrating your knowledge, experience and motivation as well as highlighting your suitability for the assignment to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send your complete application documents as one PDF file. Applications will be received not later than January 24th, 2021. Please understand that we will only contact candidates who will have passed the preselection successfully and will be invited to the Assessment Center.