Project Officer at IFES-Tanzania
The Project Officer will provide program and operations support to the IFES-Tanzania field office.
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 4 years
- Support implementation of activities as directed by the Country Director, based on approved workplan(s), budgeting, and other relevant framework
- Coordinate and maintain good relations with IFES’ CEPPS partners and other USAID implementing partners, and participate in meetings or other events as directed
- Organize IFES programs and activities such as events, capacity building, workshops and trainings by undertaking activity planning and facilitation, presenting sessions, arranging for accommodation and venues in conjunction with the Finance and Administration Officer, and general activity organization and administration
- Contribute to reports to donors and IFES HQ, including weekly and quarterly
SKILLS AND SPECIFICATIONS
- The ability to remain highly organized while handling multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- The ability to complete tasks with limited supervision
- Excellent reporting and document handling skills
- Excellent communication skills in order to be able to work with IFES and partner/stakeholder staff to identify and resolve issues
- Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality
- The ability to work effectively as part of a small team
- The ability to show initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness
- The ability to handle sensitive issues and address inclusion matters with integrity
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration, Business Communication, Sociology or similar qualification required
- A minimum of 4 years experience working as a Project or Program Officer with an International or Tanzanian Non-Government Organization and undertaking duties as per the Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Experience working on USAID-funded programs is an advantage
- Sound experience in program and activity management including organizing events, workshops and trainings and activity facilitation, development and presentation of training sessions
- Demonstrated professional experience and knowledge in the gender and inclusion field
- Relevant computer skills with demonstrated experience using MS Office applications such as Word, Excel and Power Point
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Fluency in spoken and written Swahili and English is required.
TRAVEL: Travel outside of Dar es Salaam may be required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT: Standard office work environment.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
REFEREES: Please provide names and contact details for three referees including those of a recent supervisor.
APPLICATIONS: Applications should be sent to email@example.com by 5.00 pm on Wednesday 19 February 2020. performance reports and the annual workplan and its drafting and development
- Contribute regularly to monitoring & evaluation data collection and entry
- Maintain crucial project documents and file all project documents in an appropriate database
- Identify any potential issues or risks that could affect the operation of IFES in Tanzania, inform the Country Director, and work to identify potential solutions
- Closely monitor the project schedule in regard to conduct of activities and raise potential issues and delays with the Country Director
- Ensure branding and marking are in accordance with USAID requirements and approvals
- Maintain and develop productive working relationships with partner organizations
- Perform other duties as directed