Position: Finance Manager
The Finance Manager will provide leadership in implementation of MEDA financial policies and procedures for the country office, and on-going projects.
Minimum Qualification: Masters
Experience Level: Senior level
Experience Length: 3 years
Work station : Dar es Salaam, with some travels in-country.
Salary : Commensurate with experience.
The Finance Manager will provide leadership in implementation of MEDA financial policies and procedures for the country office, ensure that internal and external financial requirements are met accordingly, ensure the financial integrity of the operations with regard to controls, systems and reporting are held to the highest national and international standards, and ensure adherence to Government of Tanzania’s laws. The Finance Manager is responsible for budgeting and cash flow management, managing all financial documentation, effect payments, evaluation and reporting activities related to all MEDA’s individual programs in Tanzania – being SSBVC, BEST Cassava and ENGINE.
The Finance Manager supports all project managers, and supervises their accountants as a corporate unit, and works under guidance of the HQ Finance Manager. This position reports to the Country Director
Financial Oversight to all projects and Cross-cutting Country Responsibilities to include
- Ensuring compliance with all project financial transactions and reporting
- Support to the project accountants and providing technical guidance and leadership as needed
- Backstopping projects for accounting purposes when accountants are on leave
- Bank Security Manager for all MEDA accounts and effecting Level 1 signatory in project payment approvals
- Review project monthly statements prepared by project accountants
- Provide Oversight of all financial audits (internal and external) and ensure finding and recommendation are addressed within agreed time
- Negotiate for MEDA Tz contracts and lease and acting as tenant representative, follows up on related matters (administrative, signs, municipal, security issues)
- Contribute to the procurement committee as a permanent member
- Negotiate, administer and allocate costs of the employee health insurance for all country staff
- Pay associated invoices for common items that will then be billed to projects such as:
I. Vehicles leases and associated costs for insurance, tags, tracking, etc. for common contracts
II. Dar office rent and associated costs for insurance, utilities, cleaning etc
III. Track motor vehicle expenses using the car track system and monthly vehicle analysis
- Invoicing of projects monthly for accrued services, assets and leases
- Ensure tax compliance
- Facilitate all the administrative requirements of the organization and advise for uptake.
I. Coordinate the following, with assistance from the finance team staff
- Flights and Hotel bookings for all projects as required
- Lodge & Follow up on Tax exemption issues for all projects
- Lodge and follow up on staff benefits including for example; social security payments and claims, Health Insurance, e
- Any other relevant assignments.
Qualifications and experience
- Essential: Bachelor of Commerce, in Accounting or Business Management with minimum of 3 years in experience in international standards of project accounting, financial management including budgeting, grants and contracts.
- Certified Public Accountant with 2+ post qualification experience.
- Master of Business Administration, Grant Management Certification and senior experience as a chief financial officer will be added advantage.
- Strong experience with international audit requirements
- Strong experience with taxation for non-governmental organization
- Working knowledge of major donor funded operations, finance services and practices
- Excellent computer skills in Excel & Accounting software preferable Sage.
Closing Date : 8th September, 2019
(Note : this is a national position. Women are encouraged to apply.)
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
How to Apply?
Please manually apply for this job using the details below:
Please send (1) your current Curriculum Vitae, (2) at least three references with current e-mail and telephone contacts, ( and (3) a cover letter describing your interest in the position.
Send your application to Human Resources at the following: email :firstname.lastname@example.org