Manager: Retail Operations
Posting Country: Tanzania, United Republic of
Date Posted: 17-Jan-2020
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
Joining Vodafone is more than a job, what we do matters. We don’t just carry minutes, texts and data – we carry people’s lives. And that’s a huge responsibility. If you think for a minute about the people you rely on…the likelihood is they rely on us.
Customers are at the heart of everything we do and we want to make a difference to the lives of our customers, and the communities in which we live and work. We support our people to give something back to the causes that mean the most to them through helping them give time and money to the charities they
And what’s it like to work here? We have created an environment where you can look forward to coming to work and are empowered to be at your best. We offer flexibility in how you work that helps you do your job in a way that suits you, opportunities to help you grow and progress throughout your career and a choice of benefits to suit your lifestyle.
Reporting to the EHOD: Sales and Distribution this role will be responsible for the following key duties:
• Responsible for managing day to day operational requirements of all Vodacom shops (both flagship p & franchised).
• Drive efficiency of Vodacom shops channel through implementation of franchise Channel Development of retail strategy & execution.
• She/he will be responsible for overall performance management of all Vodacom shops and Service desks within the allocated regions, ensuring continuous and achievements of the set goals and objectives in accordance to the approved franchise strategy and Vodacom shop/Service desk operation guidelines, as well as in achieving the set goal and Objectives in accordance to the overall company strategies.
• Provide Daily guidance & operational supervision for all shop managers in flagship shops and franchisee zone supervisors.
• Operational Strategy and Planning
• Sales & Acquisition
• Integrated Team Support
• Financial Management
• Administration and Reporting
• Team Management
Qualifications and experience:
• Degree in Sales & Marketing/ Business Administration
• In-depth knowledge of communication industry trends, preferably commercially oriented.
• 2-3 years’ experience in leading retail and service operations in the mobile and/or in retail-intensive B2C industries, preferably with a significant service dimension.
• Computer literate-Microsoft office, including Advanced/Intermediate Excel.
Modern Marketing Leadership
Digital Tools and Technologies
Commitment from Vodafone
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognized, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences – we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodafone you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.