Jobs At ALAF Limited Tanzania, Marketing Manager
Marketing Manager Jobs
ALAF Limited Tanzania
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
About the job
The main purpose of the position:
- To be responsible for developing and maintaining marketing strategies to meet agreed company objectives.
- To evaluate customer research, market conditions, and competitor data and implement marketing plan alterations as needed.
- To oversees all marketing, advertising and promotional activities.
- Routine/Direct: Technical Marketing Manager, Digital Marketing Manager, Marketing Officers.
Managerial /Supervisory responsibilities
- Supervises Technical marketing manager, Digital Marketing Manager and Marketing Officers.
- Working with the Executive Team, provide marketing inputs to the Company Business Plan to facilitate business growth
- Develop a marketing strategy, with brand and portfolio objectives, strategies, and plans in line with Corporate Objectives and the Company Business Plan.
- Support and facilitate development and implementation of sectoral and regional marketing initiatives
- Plan and administer the company’s Marketing and Support budget.
- Manage agencies, suppliers, the media, and partners
- Instill marketing led ethos throughout the business to drive customer-focused decision making
- Research and reporting on external opportunities and competitive activity
- Measuring success (develop appropriate metrics, including sales figures, market share data, customer satisfaction).
Business Development, New Product Development (NPD)
- Be a co-driver on business development activities, working closely with specialists in areas affecting market and product development
- Collaborate with relevant senior management to plan, create and produce communications used in support of new products, centres of excellence, new business activities and programs
- Undertake market research to inform business decisions in new product development, or product and service enhancement
- Develop and manage all external and internal communications and systems
- Develop a Public relations policy and plan
- Develop and manage Reputation Management communication and systems and communication protocols including Crisis Communication protocols
- Drive Corporate Social Investment programs: strategy, implementation, and leveraging
- Develop Corporate Identity application manuals and control protocols
Brand Marketing and Communication
- Manage and develop the company’s brands
- Manage brand alignment across varied territories, harmonize and integrate regional synergies through consumer and trade promotion initiatives.
- Manage day-to-day activity with PR, press, and marketing communications agencies.
- Direct and manage web strategy and digital communication
- Work with regional offices in designing and implementing CRM and client contact systems.
- Develop policies for the use of client and prospect databases, mailing list usage, data integrity, security, and marketing content
Develop company capability and depth
- Develop and deliver insightful and relevant presentations and strategies to the executive team, customers, trade channels, the Group and other regions/ countries of operation, as appropriate.
- Ensure marketing synergies by aligning the efforts of Service Centres with the Head Office and overall Business strategy.
- Build and develop a marketing driven team which is informed, competent, commercially astute, dedicated, efficient, and lives the corporate culture
Professional/Public/Private Sector Marketing
- Developing relationships with, & providing solutions to the professional/public / private sector by selling the company, its services, its products and brands, and its expertise, with the objective of winning new business to the company.
- Assistance in resolving customer complaints/queries arising from the professional sector.
- Effective use of Business Intelligence tools purchased by the company to follow up on leads and produce specifications for ALAF products and services in all three channels above.
- Provide assistance / contribute to the development of technical specifications for ALAF products which will result in increased product specifications and an increased competitive edge
- Assist in the development of sales and marketing literature and associated documents to improve the marketing of the Group and its products / brands
- Report on insights gained from professionals on the performance of ALAF and Safal Group Products
- Developing, gathering and sharing of market intelligence with all stakeholders, and maintaining an awareness of technical developments in the industry to ensure that ALAF has up to date and relevant competitive information.
- Contributing to the development and implementation of regional sales & marketing plans which will support and contribute to achievement of the Company’s Business objectives & deepen the effectiveness of the Company’s National Marketing Strategy and Plan.
- Implementation of professional events and programs, and networking with institutes and professional associations on behalf of the company in line with the National Marketing strategy and plan.
- Compliance with required reporting & information for Marketing and Sales purposes.
- Attendance at and participation in stock takes, conferences and training sessions as required.
- Minimum academic qualification: Degree in Public Relations, Marketing, and Communications
- Qualifications as an added advantage: Masters in Marketing, CIM qualifications
General work experience (years): 8 years in Marketing Brand Management
Industry: Manufacturing Sector.