Job vacancy at PSI- Program Manager Malaria
PROGRAM MANAGER MALARIA
Reporting to: DEPUTY COUNTRY REPRESENTATIVE – PROGRAMSADVERTISEMENT
Location: DAR ES SALAAM, TANZANIA
Who we are
With over 45 years of experience, working in over 60 countries, Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. PSI is reimagining healthcare, by putting the consumer at the center, and wherever possible – bringing care to the front door. We are working to fix market failures, shape future health markets and shift policy and funding to better support consumer empowered healthcare.
There are over 8,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. We are a diverse group of entrepreneurial development professionals with a wide range of backgrounds and experience. All with unique skills that we bring to the critically important work that we do.
PSI and its local affiliates manage malaria control programs in 32 countries and are world leaders in malaria control implementation delivering 42 million treated mosquito nets and almost 19 million quality-assured ACTs for confirmed malaria cases in 2016. PSI also supports national Ministries of Health to scale up malaria diagnosis especially in the private sector and to improve tracking of malaria patients through surveillance and health information systems, especially DHIS2.
We are looking for Program Manager to support implementation of a USAID- funded bed net delivery project in Tanzania. The Program Manager will coordinate the various components of the project and provides support and supervision to the Team Leaders/Technical Advisors for the project’s components.
Under the supervision of the Deputy Country Representative – programs, and in accordance with the procedures and regulations in place, the Program Manager – Malaria is responsible for the following:
- Contribute to the design and implementation of Large – scale LLIN distribution activities and innovative approaches in close collaboration with PM I and Government entitles in Tanzania;
- Develop partnership with various malaria stakeholders in Tanzania;
- Supervise operational monitoring and evaluation of activities and performance of malaria control activities;
- Contribute to the project’s analyses of the effectiveness of its vector control approaches and dissemination of successful approaches;
- Provide support for the development and submission of quarterly, annual period reports, including narrative and financial reports and other project reports, to ensure high quality and compliance with donor requirements and PSI;
- Prepare annual work plans in collaboration with the entire project team;
- Respond to other tasks designated by the Deputy Country Representative;
- Ensure close monitoring of the project’s financial management in collaborations with the finance staff in Tanzania and Washington, D.C
What are we looking for?
- A degree in public health, epidemiology or equivalent in social science (Graduate degree preferred);
- At least 7 years of relevant professional experience leading or providing supervisory management support for operations functions (USG contract experience preferred);
- Experience working in the field on malaria programs including supply chain management for vector control is a major asset;
- Demonstrated experience in health project management with major partners such as USAID, DFID, Global Fund, etc;
- Strong communication skills, including interpersonal and in written and oral English;
- References will be required.
How to apply:
Application for the position must include:
Cover letter illustrating your suitability for the position against the listed requirements.
Detailed curriculum vitae showing contact address, email, and day -time mobile phone number (s) and three (3) referees, ONE being your last employer.
Application will be considered valid, if sent/received before 1700hrs, Monday, 27th January, 2020. Please note that only short -listed candidates meeting the above requirements will be contacted.
Send you application to email@example.com MS Word or PDF file. Indicate the name of position on the subject line of your email.