Nafasi za kazi- Farm Radio, Country Representative
Position title: Country Representative
Position Location: Arusha
Reports to: Director of Operations-Africa
Application Deadline: 16th September 2019
Introduction to the Organization
Farm Radio International (FRI) is a Canadian non-profit organization at the forefront of ICT-enabled extension and communication for scale. FRI’s interactive rural radio approach addresses the information, communication and extension needs of millions of small-scale farmers, rural entrepreneurs and citizens.
In Tanzania, FRI currently works in thematic areas of agriculture value chains, livestock, climate information services and conservation agriculture, in collaboration with over 15 radio stations nationally, reaching out to millions of small scale farmers.
Summary of the Position
The Country Representative is a key position in Farm Radio International, with overall responsibility for leading and developing the growth of the organization within a specific country. The key expectations of a successful Country Representative are that they: create a strong reputation and profile for FRI: engage with government partners effectively: position FRI to participate in major rural development initiatives; secure new funding opportunities; lead the development of a strong, capable, high-functioning, well-coordinated and motivated staff team and; oversee the sound administration and financial management of FRI operations in the country.The Country Representative will also support team members in working effectively with and fulfilling accountabilities to FRI staff in other teams and offices, including the regional, international, and specialty teams and departments.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Provide overall leadership and coordination to the Country Team including the development of country strategic planning.
- Raise the profile and develop/maintain an excellent reputation for impact, reliability and performance of Farm Radio International within the country and region.
- Develop, build and nurture strong relationships with key stakeholders including the public, private, civil society, media, farmer organizations and funding agencies.
- Grow the organization both in budget size and portfolio within the country by Identifying and developing prospects for new projects in country working closely with FRI’s Program Development Team and systems.
- Manage the country office and any field-offices or sub-offices including all the assets of the organization and oversee the security, safety and welfare of staff.
- Manage the Human Resources administration to ensure effective and efficient systems for recruitment and retention of staff.
- Oversee the financial management of the country office including developing and monitoring country annual budgets, spending plans and related periodical financial reports.
Experience and requirements
- +10 years of experience in program implementation and management, including in the communication for development sector or agricultural development at a senior management level
- University degree in agriculture, communication, international development, environmental studies or a related field, a master’s degree (an asset and added advantage)
- Experience in leading teams and multiple, multi layered relationships in an international institution
- Proven skills at managing projects with various donor agencies
- Proficiency in English, with very good written and oral communication skills including development of donor reports
- A mature self-starter, good communicator and team builder with the ability to manage and motivate teams Knowledge requirements
- Knowledge and experience in project development and implementation, including project cycle management and results-based management
- Knowledge of broadcasting and ICT for development (an asset)
- Knowledge of agriculture and rural development priorities and policies in Tanzania and sub-Saharan Africa
- Knowledge of national or international donors and strategic or implementing partners in East Africa
- Significant knowledge of the principles of gender equality and women’s rights and experience in integrating these principles into the project cycle
Skills and attributes
- Good team building skills
- Excellent intercultural communication skills
- Good organizational and time management skills; ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Be comfortable working with minimal supervision and limited resources Application procedure
Interested and qualified Tanzanians are invited to send their applications enclosing a
covering letter and detailed curriculum vitae with names of three referees, and their contacts email@example.com and Cc firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that Farm Radio International has no recruitment agent, therefore all applications
should only be sent to the above mentioned addresses.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.