Job Opportunity at RUT, Project Officer – Intern/Volunteer
Job Opportunity at RUT, REACHING THE UNREACHED TANZANIA (RUT) is a national, voluntary based non-government organization (NGO) whose mission is “to support the community in attaining better health, fight against gender and children violence through implementing results and evidence-based interventions”. RUT works with numerous partners to address key sexual and reproductive health issues and promoting access to justice in Tanzania.
Project Officer – Intern/Volunteer
Job Location – Iringa region, Tanzania
Job Type – Intern
Duration – Three (3) months
Contract Type – Intern
Organization & Project Description
REACHING THE UNREACHED TANZANIA (RUT) is a national, voluntary based non-government organization (NGO) whose mission is “to support the community in attaining better health, fight against gender and children violence through implementing results and evidence-based interventions”. RUT works with numerous partners to address key sexual and reproductive health issues and promoting access to justice in Tanzania.
RUT is currently looking for a qualified volunteer/intern with strong work commitment to support our small project funded by Associated Country Women of the World (ACWW). The project is implemented in Dodoma and Iringa regions with aim of improving comprehensive Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) information and services to adolescent girls and young women (AGYW).
Under the technical leadership of the project coordinator, the project officer at RUT Iringa region, will provide assistance and capacity building on SRHR, gender and youth development to peer educators in the operational wards. The position holder will support and coordinate project activities in Iringa region. Proactively and/or upon direction provided by the project coordinator, s/he will identify gaps, consolidate best practices in the field and share lessons to all concerned.
The applicant should be ready to work with no payment. Applicants living in Iringa region are encouraged to apply.
Duties and responsibilities
- Advise RUT on programmatic strategy, including where to focus program resources and how to address programmatic challenges as they arise.
- To assist project coordinator in planning, management, implementing and monitoring of project activities.
- Create and maintain relationships with relevant stakeholders, including but not limited to Government departments at the regional and local levels, community members, beneficiaries and local organizations.
- Share with other organization staff successful methodologies for consultative approaches to grant development and implementation.
- Develop success stories and weekly activities updates
- To supervise and manage all activities on behalf of RUT
- Conduct field visits to project implementation areas to collect needed information as identified by the project technical team.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports
- Perform any other relevant duties as assigned by the Project Coordinator
Minimum Skills and Qualifications
- At least Bachelor degree in Gender, Development Studies, Sociology, Community Development, Public Health, Project Management, or any other related field.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in Kiswahili and English
- Demonstrated team-building skills
- Ability to efficiently manage time and multiple responsibilities
- Computer proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience working with youth
How to Apply
If you believe you meet criteria given above and interested in the vacancy, please submit your application letter and CV combined in as one document describing why you are the right candidate for the position.
All applications should be directed to Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line of the email should specify the position applied for.
Deadline for applications is: 31 st March, 2021 at 1700hrs. (Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted).
Applicants currently reside in Iringa are encouraged to apply.