Community Engagement Superintendent
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of North Western Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s South East of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below;
Position: Community Engagement Superintendent
Job Number: GGM-2020-XND-02.
Number of Positions: 01.
Works For: Senior Manager – Community Affairs & Projects.
Qualifications: First Degree with post qualifications in Social Sciences, Strategic Engagement or related subjects.
Experience: At least 5 years of relevant experiences in stakeholders engagement and social performance management particularly in the mining industry or closely related fields of operation.
Purpose of the Role: To lead the Local Community Engagement section for Geita Gold Mining Limited (GGML) by ensuring effective engagement for stakeholder relations to maintain social license to operate for GGML and AngloGold Ashanti
Main or Key Accountabilities:
- Developing and implementing a comprehensive Community Engagement Strategy which secures the long-term good will of the community
- In Consultation with the Socio-economic development section leader, facilitate Planning, organizing, directing and evaluating the Community Sustainable Development (CSD) programs; including participation in community relations forums
- Communicating Company goals, objectives and projects to the Local Authority and Communities and advising the Senior Manager of any changes/developments in the Community expectations
- Playing a key role in Local Government and Community based committees and other community groups to ensure that GGM’s interests are represented and protected
- Promoting a favorable public image of company through a comprehensive stakeholder’s engagement program with host community, local government and non-governmental organizations in Geita.
- Playing a leading role in representing the Company at public events such Council meetings, and other significant events/forums at District and community levels
- Collaborating with the Government Authorities on promoting community safety through co-sponsorship of education campaigns such as the annual Road Safety Week
- Advising the Senior Manager on Company donations/sponsorships to eligible institutions/groups as per donations policy
- In Consultation with the Socio-economic development section leader, advise the Senior Community Affairs & Projects and Social Investment Committee on proper identification of sustainable community development projects in key sectors of development such as health, education, infrastructure, water, livelihoods projects and relevant others.
- In collaboration with other Sustainability functions namely communications, environment, socio-economic development, land access, safety as well as other departments site wide, ensure continuous profiling and communication of company’s operational and social investment plans with a view of obtaining stakeholder buy-inn, meaningful participation and ownership.
Demonstrate work behaviours consistent with the company values and work within prescribed boundaries, including required behaviours, company policies, standards, procedures and legislation requirements
Commit your best endeavors and full capability to the work assigned to you by your manager
Advise your manager if you do not understand the work they have assigned to you, or if the assignment does not fit with your knowledge of the circumstances, current skills or available time and resources.
Advise your manager of any situations or conditions that could create obstacles to, or opportunities for, the work of the managerial team or company.
Managerial Roles Accountabilities
The accountability to build and sustain a team of subordinates capable of producing those outputs.
The accountability for exercising effective managerial leadership (including exercising the Managerial Leadership Practices outlined below).
Demonstrate work behaviors consistent with the company values and work within prescribed boundaries, including required behaviors, company policies, standards, procedures and legislation requirements.
Commit your best endeavors and full capability to the work assigned to you by your manager.
Disclose timely information to your manager when accountability cannot be met within limits or can be met with less time or resources than planned.
Must have Good written and oral communication skills in English language and Able to show initiative and co-ordination skills and be able to interact within all Mining Personnel.
Mode of Application:
Application cover letter (Subject should be: Community Engagement Superintendent and/or quote the job number), detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees, to be forwarded to below address. You will be required to bring original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
Senior Manager Human Resources,
Geita Gold Mining Ltd,
NB: Internal applicants may submit applications to Departmental Senior HR Officer. All internal applications must be endorsed by the applicant’s head of department.
Application letters should reach the above on or before 21st January 2020 at 1730hr.s .
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! GGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +255 28 216 01 40 Ext 1559 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or use the internet at www.tip-offs.com.