Job Opportunities at NBC Bank
Job Opportunities at NBC Bank, NBC is the oldest serving bank in Tanzania with over five decades of experience. We offer a range of retail, business, corporate and investment banking, wealth management products and services.
To build and maintain relationships across a portfolio SME customers by focusing on growing value through achieving sales, income targets, and improving customer satisfactions. The jobholder will be responsible for business development both with new customers and with existing customers where they are expected to increase “wallet share”, to manage and sustain a portfolio of SME customers, to build long term relationships founded on efficient and reliable support for their business through quick risk decisions and managing consistency and quality of operational service and to maximise risk-adjusted portfolio contribution
Accountability: Driving Business Development and Growth -40%
- Development and implementation of business strategies to deliver performance and growth targets of the region.
- Interpret overall SME and Business Banking strategies into implementable plans and communicate to the region’s branch network.
- Drive cluster performance against key performance standards agreed with Customer Network leadership in areas including
- balance sheet growth,
- sales growth and income contribution,
- cost performance,
- credit management,
- employee satisfaction,
- customer experience,
- operational risk and control rigor
- Define, agree and implement with branch management throughout the region, the necessary strategies and processes in respect of performance targets.
- Monitor daily sales performance ensuring sales and portfolio growth targets are achieved,
- Review and report to the SME leadership the total performance for all branches in the region on a monthly basis and develop short term strategy shifts to ensure delivery of overall performance targets
- Build and maintain proactive relationships with internal stakeholders including product/proposition and segment heads including Enterprise, Lending, Banc assurance, Liabilities, Channels, and Islamic Banking etc. to drive performance.
- Gather field feedback and provides insight into all product marketing and distribution opportunities.
- Understand the local business drivers and issues that have an impact on branch performance.
- Research competitor products in the local market and make suggestions on improvements or changes to product teams
- Identify business improvement opportunities within the region and make appropriate recommendations to the Business Banking leadership team e.g. service initiatives, improvement for existing products and processes, opening or closure of branches
- Analyse information received through the branch network and provide recommendations for input into short, medium and long-term BB strategy.
- Actively contribute to the Customer Network business plans for the expansion of business opportunities in strategic target areas
People Management and Development 20%
- Develop and communicate an annual plan to optimize the resources (Financial, human and physical) as agreed with the Business banking Leadership.
- Involve Head Of SME and in developing the annual resource and capacity plans.
- Build and develop a high performing team, through embedding performance management and coaching. Discuss and finalize performance management plans and ratings for the Regions team.
- Maximize performance Relationship Officers by identifying development Of training needs, and ensure coaching or delivery of training takes place.
- Drive employee development and engagement within the cluster and branch teams that results in a high performance climate and culture
- Conduct effective performance management for direct reports
- Monitor and ensure that all Branch Key Performance Indicators are achieved
- Share knowledge experience and best practice with branch managers, relationship managers, branch teams and the broader business.
- Create an empowering environment for direct reports, encouraging individual ownership and initiative and ensure they do the same for all their staff.
- Effective resource management/planning that reflects current and future business requirements, ensuring that the correct balance of numbers, skills and experience, by playing an active role in recruitment and exits of direct reports. This includes evaluating requests from branch managers for additional staff, and may reallocate headcount between branches, within overall area headcount budget.
- Initiate HR processes for direct reports when required e.g. disciplinary process, leave management, learning and development, talent identification etc in consultation with HR
- Acts as escalation point for grievance cases touching on Ro’s in the region
- Motivate staff through appropriate recognition schemes.
- Pursue own development to increase personal effectiveness, acknowledging strengths and areas for development
- Customer Service Management 15%
- Understand and articulate aggregated cluster requirements feedback to shape the customer proposition and product offering
- Ensure high quality, knowledgeable service levels in branches to exceed customer expectations
- Build a motivated, committed and focused Branch teams, consistently delivering creative, precise and customer-focused service
- Act as the escalation point for HOT complaints. Visit high net worth or key clients on request from the branch managers and relationship managers.
- Ensure branch network service excellence through continuous monitoring of service scores and with service manager develop plans for improvement. Discuss and agree plans with direct reports.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to provide high standard of service delivery
- Engage in high net worth client meetings as needed for complex scenarios reviews and consultations
Accountability: Risk, Control and Compliance Management 15%
- Ensure the region operates in a compliant manner and adheres to relevant company and regulatory requirements to achieve satisfactory grades in local & Group Audits
- Monitor branch operations and control performance to ensure that branch standards in the cluster are met and where required review branch remediation action plans.
- Review incident reports raised from branches and take required actions e.g. escalation, disciplinary action etc.
- Signoff all dormant account and all other refunds above branch manager limits
- Understand and manage risks and risk events (incidents) relevant to the role.”
- Contribute and deliver to the improvement of the risk profile by delivering improved governance, risk management, controls and compliance requirements.
- Ensure all financial crime matters are addressed on time e.g. annual PEP & HRR,LR reviews
- Control Non-performing Assets to within regulatory and Industry standards
- Hold cost center for network related non-branch expenses such as disturbance allowances, transportation costs etc. responsible for managing costs within budgets for these items.
Change Management 10%
- Project manage all major organizational changes within the cluster such as organizational structure changes, IT/system changes or process changes, Process Improvement,
- Communicate strategic changes to branch management and ensure that any target changes are agreed.
- Commercial mindset – Junior (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Customer Excellence – Service Delivery (Meets all of the requirements), Digital familiarity (Meets all of the requirements), Effective communication – Basic (Meets all of the requirements), Experience in a similar environment, Higher Diplomas – Business, Commerce and Management Studies, Openness to change (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Product and/or Service Knowledge (Meets all of the requirements), Relationship building (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development)
Job Opportunities at NBC Bank, To achieve agreed sales targets in line with the business objectives through pro-active selling of Retail banking lending and deposit products and at the same time providing excellent customer service
- Deliver exceptional sales performance by identifying and meeting customer needs through selling & cross selling of Bank’s consumer lending and deposit products.
- Provide direct “hands on” sales support (quality lead generation and effective follow up) to generate and convert quality leads into sales.
- Participate in sales campaigns to meet specific targets.
- Maintain own sales performance statistics for management information usage.
- Complete account opening and loan documentation together with customers in line with NBC Bank policies and requirements and submit to Line Manager/Team leader for review before submitting to operations for processing.
- When selling loans to Retail customers, complete the financial analysis and statement review on customer accounts. Where customers do not meet the minimum criteria, advise the customer verbally or in writing as the customer requires. Report such denials to the Line Manager on a daily basis.
- Check correctness of each new account application, loan document and all other customer documents.
- Comply with general NBC Operational risk & Rigour requirements e.g. Health & Safety standards
- Ensure accuracy of each new account application, loan document and all other customer documents. Lead Generators (LGs) are held personally accountable for accuracy and quality of these and supporting documents that they complete and submit.
- Achieve operational rigour excellence in all aspects of procedures and processes personally undertaken to ensure green audit.
- Follow the Retail end to end account opening ensuring new accounts are authorized and KYC compliant. Escalate any items that exceed the agreed service level time lines or where there are unresolved KYC requirements, to the Line Manager.
- Comply with general NBC operational risk & rigour requirements e.g. Health & Safety standards and security of premises, KYC and anti-money laundering regulations.
- Refer to the appropriate department/ team leader any query for
- products outside his/her portfolio or queries within their products.
- Advice customers as soon as new loans are approved and encourage draw-downs on the new loans and the same should be done for new accounts opened.
- Open scheme loan accounts referred by the Scheme Loans Relationship Managers
- Share knowledge and experience with other Lead Generator in the team.
- Deputize for the Line Manager whenever required.
- Agree annual performance objectives with the Team Leader, including specific sales targets.
- Pursue continued improvement in personal development by participating in development programmes and training
Digital familiarity (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Experience in a similar environment, Further Education and Training Certificate (FETC) – Business, Commerce and Management Studies, Openness to change (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Product and/or Service Knowledge (Meets all of the requirements), Sales Management (Meets all of the requirements)
CLICK HERE TO APPLY