Job Opportunities at International Organization for Migration, Enumerator [Multiple positions]
Enumerators [Multiple positions]
Enumerator (Displacement Tracking Matrix / DTM) [Multiple positions] Pemba (Tumbe, Wete) and Unguja (Mkokotoni, Ngalawa, Kizimkazi).
Position title Enumerator (Displacement Tracking Matrix / DTM) (Multiple positions)
Position grade Ungraded – UG
Type of appointment Daily Contract
Duty station Pemba (Tumbe, Wete) and Unguja (Mkokotoni, Ngalawa, Kizimkazi)
Reporting directly to Senior Enumerator
Overall supervision by DTM Coordinator
The Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) is IOM’s information management tool to track and monitor population mobility. It is designed to regularly capture, process, analyze and disseminate various layers of information on the mobility, vulnerability, and needs of displaced and mobile populations that enables decision-makers and responders to provide these populations with better context-specific assistance. IOM Tanzania, working with the Office of the Chief Government Statistician (OCGS) of Zanzibar, plans to implement DTM in Zanzibar under the Covid-19 Preparedness and Response in Southern and Horn of Africa regional project.
III. RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
Under the direct supervision of the DTM Senior Enumerator, and in coordination with the Programme Assistant in Zanzibar, and the overall supervision of the DTM Coordinator in Dar es Salaam, the Enumerator(s) will be responsible for the following activities:
1. Collect information from respondants according to the DTM methodology and tools for the components implemented in country;
2. Regularly ensure that data submitted is accurate and that it is collected according to IOM’s data protection principles;
3. Contribute to improving data collection by providing feedback on the implementation of the tools and the local context.
4. If necessary, collect GPS points of locations.
5. Be responsible for any equipment provided by the organization for the implementation of the exercise;
6. Report daily and proactively on the activities conducted and the realities/issues encountered to the DTM senior enumerator and also make the relevant recommendations.
7. Respect IOM’s Data Protection Principles and Code of Conduct.
8. Perform other duties as might be assigned.
- Ability to listen and work with flexibility and integrity
- Ability to be proactive, with common sense and excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work within a team under challenging environments, under pressure
- Capacity to learn and gain new competencies, while accepting/giving constructive criticism
- Ability to conduct an interview/administer a questionnaire/register a person with neutrality and professionalism
- Good knowledge of the geography and culture of the United Republic of Tanzania
- Familiarity with mobile data collection technologies and GPS an advantage
V. QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of a diploma and a minimum of 2 years of experience in data collection
- Experience in conducting surveys and assessments in natural disaster situations
- Experience with International Organizations, INGOs, is an advantage
- Knowledge of data collection in humanitarian settings appreciated
- Must be a resident of the flow monitoring points to be identified
- Fluency in Swahili and English
How to apply:
Interested candidates should fill in the PH form, submit CV’s and cover letter indicating Vacancy Notice number with 3 professional references and contacts to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only electronic applications will be accepted
Kindly note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted & Vacancy is open for Internal & External Tanzanian Applicants.
“All the vacancies announced by IOM Tanzania are completely free and candidates are not at any point requested to pay a fee for applying or during the recruitment process’