Career Counseling Specialist at Operolve Company Limited
Career Counseling Specialist
Operolve Company Limited
Location: Arusha, Tanzania
About the job
Your next opportunity to help people and make a difference might lie in our open career counselor position. As part of our Operolve Human resource department, you’ll provide a wealth of useful information to our clients in key areas such as career discovery and planning, interviewing skills, resume writing and more. You’ll also have the chance to work one-on-one with individuals, playing an important role as a mentor in helping our individual clients shape their futures. Interaction with our diverse clients body in an affirming, positive environment affords you the intangible benefits of putting your interpersonal communication talents to work in coaching and guiding our individual clients. In addition, you’ll enjoy a competitive pay and benefits package along with opportunities for growth and advancement.
- Guide our individual clients in determining their interests and abilities using a wide range of methods, such as aptitude assessments, interviews and planning materials
- Counsel individuals, and help them in the development of their both hard and soft skills
- Conduct group workshops on a team with a variety of topics, including writing resumes and cover letters, successful job interviewing, using the agency’s databases and career development resources, researching graduate programs, and more
- Help students seeking help to overcome issues that could undermine their academic or career success
- Help students craft a long-term plan for reaching their career objectives
- Plan and publicize the career services center’s programs and events such as workshops, job fairs, and orientation sessions
- Collaborate with the department team to help achieve our Agency-wide goals and contribute to its long-range planning
Typical responsibilities include:
- Providing counselling face to face, over the telephone, or online
- Working with individuals, families or groups
- Keeping confidential records
- Building a relationship of trust and respect with clients
- Listening to clients’ concerns, empathizing with them, and helping them to see things more clearly or in a different way
Key skills for counsellors
- Listening skills
- Empathy and understanding
- A non-judgmental attitude
- Patience and a calm manner
- Ability to cope with emotional situations
- Ability to relate to and adapt communication style to suit a wide range of people
Job Skills & Qualifications
- First degree in education, career counseling or similar field
- Two years of classroom teaching experience or prior experience as a career counselor
Condition of work:
- Part-time job work at least 3 working days a week. Must be living and working in Arusha.
About the Company
Operolve Company Limited offers the following services:
*Staffing and recruitment- Linking employers to employees in Tanzania.
*Real estate Brokerage and property
Management: we are Seller”s agency, Buyer’s Agency and Property Managers.
To be the real estate team of choice with the highest standards of ethics, value and integrity.
To be the one stop shop for all real estate needs from renting or buying a property to selling and managing one.
Deadline: Apply before 20th February 2021