CANCER OF LIVER
Cancer of the liver is a cancer that begins in the liver , as opposed to cancer that begins in another link and spreads to the liver, known asthe liver metastasis . In order to fully understand liver cancer is important to be aware of how the liver works. The liver is one of the largest body parts. It is at the bottom of the right and bottom of the ribs. The liver is divided into two parts: right and left. Protein is absorbed by the liver from the portal vein , which carries blood containing nutrients from the intestines to the liver. Hepatic veins supply blood to the liver which is rich in oxygen. Several types of tumors can continue in the liver because the liver is made up of different types of cells. The tumor that causes cancer is called Malignant and tumors that do not have cancer cells are called Benign . Cancer of the liver has the presence of malignant hepatic tumors – swelling on or in the liver (medical names that affect the liver often begin with hepato, or hepatic from the Greek word for liver, hēpar, trunk h )pat-). Skin tumors can be detected by medical pictures, which may occur by chance in the diagnosis of a different disease with the cancer itself, or may indicate symptoms, such as abdominal mass, abdominal pain, jaundice, nausea or other abnormalities works well for the liver.
There are several types of benign liver inflammation:
- Hemangiomas : These are the most common types of liver tumors of Benign. These start in blood vessels. Many of these tumors do not show symptoms, and do not require treatment. Some may be bleeding and needed to be removed if they are severe.
- Hepatic adenomas : These high blood vessels of Benign continue in the liver and are also not an unusual occurrence. Often, they are in the right part of the hepatic and often appear to be alone. Adenomas sizeis between 1 to 30 centimeters. The symptoms of hepatic adenomas involvelarge sores that can cause severe abdominal pain. In the past few decades there has been an increase in incidence of adenoma. The full source of this type of tumor is still unknown. Some comparisons have been made such as malignant transformation, bleeding , and burst.
- Focal nodular hyperplasia: Focal nodular hyperplasia (FNH) is the second most common tumor of the liver. This tumor is the result of congenital arteriovenoushepatocyte malformation. This process is the most common ingredients of the liver, but the structure that is organized is not normal. Even though these conditions exist, the liver still works in a common range.
The American Liver Foundation was established 33 years ago. It has information and support for patients and families who are dealing with the disease. The American Liver Foundation claims that liver cancer is among the ten major causes of death. Understanding how liver function and its importance for better health can help people who are sick.
Cancer that begins in the liver
- Hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC): Patients who suffer from this cancer are usually in small populations . This tumor also has a variant type of HCC and cholangiocarcinoma . The chronic canal cells live close to the gallbladder drains that cause the glucose drain offered by the hepatocytes of the liver. These cancers are derived from blood cells in the liver known as hemangioendotheliomas .
- Hepatoblastoma: Most of these tumors are in the right part of the liver. Children often suffer from hepatoblastoma.
Cholangiocarcinoma ( chronic chroniccancer): Cholangiocarcinomas causes 1 or 2 cases of liver cancer. These cancers begin in small canals (called gallows) that carry the gallbladder to the intestines.
- Angiosarcoma and hemangiosarcoma: These are rare types of cancer and begin in the blood vessels of the liver. These tumors grow quickly. Often over time, these cancers are very widespread. Many patients cannot live more than a year after diagnosis.
- Lymphoma of the liver: It is a rare type of lymphoma which usually brings diffuse infiltration to the liver. It can also cause inflammation in the liver.
A 2009 study suggested that l-carnitine deficiency leads to a risk of cancer of the liver, and that the body supplement can reduce the risk. Japan as a member of the International Consortium Genome Cancerleads the efforts to genome the genital cancer.
Pictures of PET-CT can be recommended if doctors are considering surgery as a treatment. It provides more information about the body parts being inspected. correct treatment of liver cancer can make a difference between life and death. Not all cancer patients can be cured. These are just some of the treatments available: Surgery, Chemotherapy, Immunotherapy, Photodynamic Therapy, Hyperthermia, Radiation Therapy and Radiosurgery .