Ashinaga Africa Initiative 2020 Scholarship program for young African orphans (Fully Funded to study abroad)
Ashinaga Scholarships, Ashinaga Africa Initiative 2020 Scholarship, Scholarships for Orphans, Scholarships for Africans, Scholarships for Tanzanians, Scholarships for Kenyans, Fully Funded Scholarships to Study Abroad, Tanzania scholarships Opportunities,Ashinaga Africa Initiative 2020 Scholarship program for young African orphans, Undergraduates Fully Funded Scholarships 2020, Masters Fully Funded scholarships
ONLINE APPLICATION-FULLY FUNDED SCHOLARSHIPS
APPLY FOR THE ASHINAGA AFRICA INITIATIVE
The Ashinaga Africa Initiative began in 2014. Its mission is to contribute to Sub-Saharan Africa’s expanding role in global development through increasing access to higher education abroad. We support orphaned students who are committed to returning home and initiating change, by providing access to full financial support to study at a university abroad (equivalent to an undergraduate degree). Ashinaga support covers tuition, accommodation, travel costs, and other necessary fees.
- Have lost one or both parents;
- Have completed secondary school and passed national secondary school examination (technical and vocational degrees not accepted) within the last two years (any date after 1st September 2017, including all of 2018 and 2019) or will have completed secondary school and received final exam results before February 28th,2020.
- Were born after 1st September, 1997;
- Have an outstanding academic performance at high school and were amongst the top students in their class;
- Be committed to returning home, or to Sub-Saharan Africa, and contribute to society in Sub-Saharan Africa after graduating from university.
See the full list of requirements
This is a list of the documents you will need to submit as part of your application.
- Copy of birth certificate of applicant.
- Copy of death certificate of deceased parent(s), including the deceased parent’s name, or alternative official documentation proving death of parent(s) or orphan status.
- Copy of national ID card or passport.
- Copy of term reports / high school transcripts (from the last 2 years).
- Copy of final Secondary School Examination Certificate*
- Copy of academic transcripts or diplomas from university/post-secondary institution, if applicable.
* For students receiving their examination results after December 13th 2019 and before February 28th 2020 we will ask you to send your examination certificate if you are selected to progress to the second round of the application process
Applications for Anglophone and Francophone countries are open between 2nd September – 13th December 2019. Successful applicants will be invited to a second application round in late January which will be open between 28th January – 28th February 2020. This second round will include additional questions and essays to help us better understand your leadership potential and how you intend to use your university education to help others in the future. Successful applicants from the second round will be invited to an assessment day in April 2020 where Ashinaga conducts individual interviews and sets an examination to better understand students’ academic abilities and career goals in Sub-Saharan Africa. Students must bring all original academic documents and identification documents to the interview. Failure to do so may result in dismissal from the application process.
Anglophone Recruitment (September 2nd to December 13th)
Botswana, Ethiopia, Eritrea, The Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Kingdom of eSwatini, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Mauritius*, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Seychelles*, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, and Zimbabwe
How to apply
There are three ways to apply for the Ashinaga Africa Initiative, although we prefer online applications or those sent by email. There is no application fee, and you must never pay anyone to apply or to apply on your behalf. Applications are now closed. If you are interested in being notified once the Ashinaga Africa Initiative opens to applications again, please fill this form.
Please note that if you apply by post, all submitted documents will not be returned to you. Therefore, you must send copies of documents ONLY.