71 Senior Consultants Job At Dalberg Group
Position: Senior Consultants (71 Posts) Locations:
- Abidjan, CI
- Addis Ababa, ET
- Africa (multi-location)
- Dakar, SN
- Dar Es Salaam, TZ
- Johannesburg, ZA
- Kigali, RW
- Lagos, NG
- Nairobi, KE
About DalbergWe are a global group working to build a more inclusive and sustainable world where all people, everywhere, can reach their fullest potential. We partner with and serve communities, governments, and companies throughout the world, providing an innovative mix of advisory, investment, research, analytics, and design services. Today’s complex global problems require new solutions. Comprised of Dalberg Advisors, Dalberg Capital, Dalberg Design, Dalberg Data Insights and Dalberg Research; our businesses approach problems differently and work together to create impact at scale. We are from everywhere, at home anywhere – an African and American company as much as an Asian, Middle Eastern, and European one. Dalberg is a place where a diverse mix of talented individuals are able to bring their authentic selves to work – whether it’s how you identify, where you come from, the languages you speak, the person you love, the way you worship. Dalberg is a home where people feel safe, understood, nurtured and encouraged to grow.Established in 2001 by experienced private sector consultants, Dalberg operates from 26 worldwide locations. For more information, please visit Dalberg.
You aspire to become a leader in global development by tackling global issues, from malnutrition to climate change to economic growth, ensuring no population is left behind. You drive the delivery of innovative and results-oriented solutions for clients and propose problem-solving, tailored frameworks that address client challenges. You excel in solving problems using clear strategic and creative thinking, and you want to put your skills to work – transforming organizations that fund change around the world. You are a passionate, committed self-starter with experience as a ‘top-performer’ in a leading international management consultancy firm, a passion for international development, and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Dalberg consultants live and work around the world, creating a network of local experience anchored by our offices in Africa, Latin America, North America, Europe and Asia. Dalberg combines ground-level insight with experience from top-tier professional services firms and leading academic institutions to create actionable solutions to the world’s most pressing issues Typical qualifications for a Senior Consultant
- Master’s in Business Administration or Master’s in Public Administration/ Policy or PhD from a top university
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a ‘top performer’ in a leading international management consultancy, pre-graduate school, or a similar type of private sector experience
- Strong analytical abilities, both quantitative and qualitative
- Ability to present information in an insightful and structured manner, both written and oral
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and coach/ manage junior team members where required
- Exposure to global issues such as economic development, global health, education or the environment
- Professionalism and demonstrated experience working with senior officials in the public and/ or private sector
- Experience living and working in different cultures, time spent in developing countries strongly preferred
- Sensitivity to the political and cultural environments of international public agencies or similar complex environments
- Strong regional/in-country networks preferred
- Demonstrated fluency with English speaking and writing skills; proficiency with other languages a plus
Note: Employment in all the Dalberg offices is conditional on the candidate having or obtaining the requisite authorization to live and work in that country.PartnerWHAT YOU WILL DO AND HOW YOU WILL GROWSenior Consultants provide the critical thinking and analytical horse power that drive our teams. Senior Consultants own work streams, apply problem-solving frameworks, and conduct rigorous analyses to answer some of the most challenging questions in development today. With a combination of analytical skills and social acumen, Seniors Consultants simplify complex findings, develop insightful recommendations, and structure communications that promote constructive dialogues with diverse stakeholders in the public sector, private sector, civil society, and international communities.Dalberg is a platform for change. Our staff is empowered to start new programs, institute best practices, and develop traditions that will define the Dalberg experience for years to come.
- Lead research and complex analyses on key development-related topics
- Develop and deliver structured communication to clients
- Coach junior team members
- Contribute to developing our partnership with clients and peer organizations
- Actively contribute towards Dalberg’s firm-building initiatives
ABOUT OUR CLIENTS
Our clients come to us with some of the most difficult global problems, seeking solutions where the obvious ones have failed. We are entrepreneurs and innovators, designers and creative problem solvers, thinkers, and doers who supply new ideas, drawing from a deep base of knowledge that cuts across sectors and geographies and is growing every day. We partner with and serve communities, governments, and companies throughout the world. Some of our recent clients include foundations such as the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, corporations such as Pepsi and Vodafone, multilateral institutions such as the World Bank and the Inter-American Development Bank, UN Agencies such as UNICEF and the UNEP, and government agencies such as DFID and the Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency.
JOIN OUR TEAM
Our current opportunities are in Abidjan, Addis Ababa, Dakar, Dar Es Salaam, Johannesburg, Kigali, Lagos, Nairobi.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Please submit your application at our Career Center by 30th April 2020. Your application should include a resume and cover letter. During the same recruitment period, please only apply to one position at Dalberg. This position should be the role best suited to your current professional experience and to your first preference location. You will have the opportunity to rank your next 2 location preferences within your application, in case there are openings in other offices.
For your short essay please respond to one of the following questions (and limit your response to less than 500 words)
- What is one business solution to poverty that you think could help improve development outcomes?
- How can an effective, innovative solution from a developing country context be scaled to additional regions/countries to improve standards of living?
Candidate applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Candidates selected for interviews will be invited for a number of interviews to test analytical and conceptual thinking skills through consulting case questions, and to discuss interests and experience. A candidate’s specific title and level of entry will be assessed during the interview process.
Closing Date 30th April, 2020CLICK HERE TO APPLY