2020 UNESCO/APCEIU 6th Youth Leadership Workshop on Global Citizenship Education (GCED) in Seoul, Republic of Korea (Fully Funded)
Application Deadline:17 March 2020 (KST 23:59).
The Asia-Pacific Centre of Education for International Understanding (APCEIU) will organize the 6th Youth Leadership Workshop on GCED (Global Citizenship Education)from 25 to 31 May 2020.The one-week Workshop aims to build capacity of dynamic youth leaders around the world to identify strategies to achieve Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), specifically Target 4.7. While enabling participants to deepen their understanding of GCED, the Workshop allows the young leaders to play a major role and become part of a wider network of youth leaders for GCED.
During the Workshop, participants will identify specific priority issues around global citizenship and establish plans for the future direction of GCED. Working both individually and in groups, the young leaders will devise the goals and strategies for use at local and national levels. Participants will learn about specific areas such as GCED, human rights, and peace building through information sessions and engage in dialogue and debates on the evolving issues. As part of the Workshop, participants will also make a field visit to discuss the role of youth for a more peaceful and sustainable future.
Application for the 6th Youth Leadership Workshop on GCED must be submitted before 17 March 2020 (KST 23:59). Successful applicants will be notified by 26 March 2020. Travel expenses and Workshop fees will be covered by APCEIU for the selected participants (participants will be responsible for the domestic travel expenses and visa fees in their own countries).
- To deepen youth leaders’ understanding of Global Citizenship Education (GCED)
- To provide a forum for participating youth leaders to discuss and establish action plans suitable
for the implementation of GCED at local, national, and regional levels
- To identify innovative youth-led initiatives on GCED in different regions
- Youth participants’ capacity enhanced in implementing GCED at local and global levels
- Increased commitment of youth participants in fostering global citizenship and education sector
- Action plans developed by sub-groups for the implementation of follow-up activities
- Regional youth initiatives identified in cooperation with the GCED Youth NetworkDates and Venue:
- Dates: 25 – 31 May 2020
- Venue: Seoul, Republic of Korea
Participants: 35 youth leaders actively engaged in GCED
Applicants only from Official Development Aid (ODA) recipient countries will be eligible for the application. Please refer to the Annex for the list of ODA recipient countries.
APCEIU will provide accommodations, meals and local transportation for all participants during the workshop. APCEIU will also cover the round-trip international airfare to and from Seoul, Korea. However, participants are responsible for domestic travel expenses to and from the international airport in their countries and Korean visa application fees.
※ Only travel insurance during the workshop will be covered by APCEIU. If participants require or wish to have health insurance during that period, all expenses should be borne individually.
Participant Selection Criteria
Participants will be selected on the basis of their previous experiences, present engagement and future commitment in educating and engaging with youth for the promotion of GCED at the local and national levels. Applicants should meet the following requirements:
- Born between 1992 and 2001
- Citizens of the Official Development Aid (ODA) recipient countries
- Minimum 2 years of active experience in youth activities
- Completion of the e-learning course titled “Becoming Global Citizens for a Sustainable Society” on GCED Online Campus (www.gcedonlinecampus.org) by 9 March 2020 *
- Proficiency in spoken and written EnglishSelection Process
- Submission: Application must be submitted online. The deadline is 17 March 2020 (KST 23:59).
- Notification: Notification of selection in the form of invitation letter will be sent by 26 March 2020.
- Registration: All selected participants must register by 27 March 2020 at the latest. Late registration will not be accepted and will be considered as cancellation of participation. In case of cancellation, the invitation will be forwarded to the next applicant on the waiting list.
For More Information: